• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America 59 1st story(origin) Enjoy, I did!

12 posts in this topic

I have wanted this issue for a while now, cause I wanted to read a GA origin of Cap, since I don't have #1 yet, this had to do. I thought you guys might like to read it so I am posting the first story in its entirety for you to enjoy. I little simplistic, but still cool. Cap59.jpgCap59bc.jpgCap59pg1.jpgCap59pg2.jpgCap59pg3.jpgCap59pg4.jpgCap59pg5.jpgCap59pg6.jpgCap59pg7.jpgCap59pg8.jpgCap59pg9.jpg

I only have one question, does anyone know why Cap doesn't have nipples in the story? KInd of wierd, a man with no nipples, be wierder if it was a woman, but still odd.

Well, Cap is like the next step in evolution. So, he has no nipples, wisdom teeth, or appendix. gossip.gif

I didn't realize bucky was such a "little rascal" How funny, Cap secrete identity blown and all he can say is little rascal. I also love the public *spoon* beat'n in the class room, Ah days of old! These books, are so funny, but what covers. Most of them are just incredible

Thanks, Mr. S! I'd read the reprint of issue #1 but not this origin.

Thanks for posting that. thumbsup2.gif

Rogers was a teacher when Atlas restarted Captain America in Young Men #24. Bucky is one of his students and on their way home they hear that the Red Skull is holding the UN hostage. Bucky prompts Steve to go back into action as Captain America.

Your Welcome Rad man! Nice bit of trivia from YM, So how does the Silver age story of Bucky getting killed at the end of WW2 size up with the actual GA story line? The last real war story was Cap 47 I think, and buy the end of run the War was over, just curious.

Your Welcome Rad man! Nice bit of trivia from YM, So how does the Silver age story of Bucky getting killed at the end of WW2 size up with the actual GA story line? The last real war story was Cap 47 I think, and buy the end of run the War was over, just curious.

Actually, I read YM 24 as a reprint in Marvel Super-Heroes 20. They commented on the discrepancy at the end of the story.

"Okay, okay -- So this story was a tiny bit at variance with today's C.A. legend! Face it -- Who but Marvel gives you two cataclysmic comebacks for the same swingin' superhero?"

Actually, I read YM 24 as a reprint in Marvel Super-Heroes 20. They commented on the discrepancy at the end of the story.

"Okay, okay -- So this story was a tiny bit at variance with today's C.A. legend! Face it -- Who but Marvel gives you two cataclysmic comebacks for the same swingin' superhero?"

As we say in the software biz, it's not a defect, it's a feature!