• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America Simon & Kirby Hardcover "Classic Years" 1991

16 posts in this topic

Still trying to arouse interest among this tough crowd.

"Captain America: The Classic Years" hardcover, published by Marvel in 1991, reprints issues 1 thru 10 of Captain America. Also reprints the covers. This edition was short-printed due to the fact that some bozo colored in Bucky's phallus. Created a minor embarrassment for Marvel, since this was the 50th anniversary of Captain America...Original retailed for $75, usually sells for about $100 on eBay. Two volumes, each reprinting 5 issues of golden age Captain America.

Yours for $85, and that's below my cost.

NOW ON HOLD!

Wow, I had forgotten about this thread. Deal fell thru.

"Captain America The Clasic Years". 50th Anniversary edition. It's two hardcovers in slipcase, reprinting Simon and Kirby's Captain America 1 thru 10 from 1941 - 1942, is still for sale at $85. Cheapest way to get Captain America 1, plus 2 - 10, all S&K.

The book caused a minor sensation when it was printed. Actually, it was shortprinted due to some genius "enhancing" a single panel of Bucky, with a crude phallus. It was on the yellow colorguide, so it wasn't picked up when the book was printed until somehow, someone noticed it. Despite that, otherwise great production quality for this item, much nicer than the softcover reprinted a few years ago.

Hello? (shrug)

:hi:

Do you have a question? :popcorn:

Yeah, long time listner, first time caller....I love the show! You rock! rockin.gif

Oh, uh....anyway....is this book still actually for sale? Was that the intent of this thread? Is it in good condition? Nice eye appeal? My brother is dying for a copy and I thought this was a good price, so.......

I'd give him my copy, but They're personalized.....

ClassicCap1.JPG

ClassicCap2.JPG

ClassicCap3.JPG

:o I see what you mean. (worship)

:gossip: I think Comicparadox has the book on hold now

"Captain America: The Classic Years" hardcover, published by Marvel in 1991, reprints issues 1 thru 10 of Captain America. Also reprints the covers. This edition was short-printed due to the fact that some bozo colored in Bucky's phallus. Created a minor embarrassment for Marvel, since this was the 50th anniversary of Captain America...Original retailed for $75, usually sells for about $100 on eBay. Two volumes, each reprinting 5 issues of golden age Captain America.

NOW ON HOLD!"

You might want to check with him, he's the guy selling the book (The avatar with his buttocks showing above). :foryou:

:o I see what you mean. (worship)

:gossip: I think Comicparadox has the book on hold now

NOW ON HOLD!"

You might want to check with him, he's the guy selling the book (The avatar with his buttocks showing above). :foryou:

I just assumed that since it was last edited in February this year and his next post said the deal fell through, that it was available again.

Oh well..... :boo:

I'm trying to keep myself from grabbing the books off the shelf and looking for the "coloring"

but that would be SO imature... :angel:

Anyone know what page its on so I can take a look

Brian :makepoint: you should be ASHAMED of yourself...(let me know when you find it..;):popcorn: