• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Brave & The Bold #29

7 posts in this topic

I've had this for about 9 years and just re-bagged it lately. I scanned it as I wonder if I am slightly under-grading it. The flaking and stain at the bottom is the culprit for me.

What do you think this is?

bb29.jpg[/img]

bb29b.jpg[/img]

a tough book to grade...........i'm thinking that the stains (FC & BC) and the rubbing and loss of color, may keep this below a VG...............3.5??

too bad because the colors on the FC are deep and bright...............i'm sure it displays quite nicely.............. thumbsup2.gif

I see a lot of edge wear and of course the ink wear on the cover, the white areas appear to be turning brown, and the stain on the back. The "X" in the upper-right corner is a little distracting. It also appears that there is a good size bindery tear in the upper-left corner. I would give it a 4.0.

Yes, there is a bindery tear of about 1" in the upper-left corner. The "X" mark is two different creases.

The bottom stain and color wearing away is always what troubled me. I bought it for a decent price but have always considered it a G 2.0. But after time spent here in this section, I dug it out again. Looking at it again made me wonder if I had been too hard on it. The colors are still good.

Most of you are confirming what my recent guess was in that this might fall between a 3.0 - 4.0. I do not think this is anything better than a 4.0 at all.

Thanks for the input so far. I'll have to dig out some others that I might have under-graded. (God knows I've had my share of my personal "over-grading". 27_laughing.gif )