• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,848 posts in this topic

Flash 178 is the reprint.

It's looking like Flash 207, 208 and Flashpoint 2. I'm not sure the appearances amount to anything more than cameos.  Maybe someone has those issues and can check.

Ha ha I like how Johns and Porter ret-conned Jay Garrick into there. But Carmine's original is way better -- I love the surprised, indignant expression on the giant's face. In Porter's version he looks asleep.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Golden_Giants/Appearances

latest?cb=20141223195537

Edited by adampasz

On 6/3/2019 at 11:04 PM, flashlites said:

OMG! You have one of the Thompson's books!!! You are a fortunate Flash Fan indeed! (worship)

Flash Thompson? :nyah:

As I understand it, they both collected separately before they met and fell in love. Then the rest of their lives they devoted themselves to collecting. A great love story for geeks across the world! I may never be able to obtain a Mile High Flash comic but maybe, just maybe one day I may own one of the silver age Flash issues from their collection.

12 hours ago, flashlites said:

Just ordered a 175 a 270 and 271. I'm missing most of the Flash run from 270-350.  I figured that i'd be able to pick up 270-350 quite easily from my local shops but they are not available locally.

The issues 250-290 are not so easy to pull together, especially if you are looking for affordable high grade. 

These were some of the first comics I ever read as a kid, so I'm biased. However, I feel this era of Flash is an overlooked masterpiece. The story switches to a serialized mode, with a heightened sense of stakes, that feels much more Marvel-like in style. It's a sort of magnum opus for Cary Bates.

I don't collect after #300. I have a tough time with Carmine Infantino's art during this phase of his career.

3 hours ago, adampasz said:

The issues 250-290 are not so easy to pull together, especially if you are looking for affordable high grade. 

These were some of the first comics I ever read as a kid, so I'm biased. However, I feel this era of Flash is an overlooked masterpiece. The story switches to a serialized mode, with a heightened sense of stakes, that feels much more Marvel-like in style. It's a sort of magnum opus for Cary Bates.

I don't collect after #300. I have a tough time with Carmine Infantino's art during this phase of his career.

I agree it wasn't Carmine's best work. I have a few copies from this era but i'm trying to fill in these last big gaps in my collection. This too was 'my Flash' from say 200-300 but sadly I had to sell that collection in the mid 80's. Condition is not too important to me. I'm just tryin' to fill holes here and see if I can complete this run in the next couple of years or so. That being said the keys will be tough. I'm on a 'one key a year' budget. I have 4 big ones left to get: 105,106,110 and 139. So realistically i'm probably 4 years away. BTW-There is great stuff too about Cary Bates in the book mentioned above!

CB2.jpg