• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Virtual Comicon Saturday February 10

185 posts in this topic

Directions for thumbnail link using Photobucket:

Click on the "URL" option from the Instant UBB Code menu.

Enter Photobucket URL for the item(it can be copied/pasted). Hit OK.

Next prompt will ask for "Title of Webpage, etc". Enter :

"(URL for item with the "th_" in front of file name)" without the quotations I put at either end. Hit OK.

Then test it out!

Was this method being used before I started it last winter? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sounds like an good opportunity for buyers.

Not so sure about trying to sell though. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Generally speaking whats good for one is good for the other. At least the second time around. Plus half of us seem to swap books around anyway.

Ed

Is the VC thread the only avenue for selling books Saturday evening? In other words, can I start my own thread during the same time frame?
Nothing can stop you if you do...although don't be surprised if people aren't hanging out in your thread since most of the books would be in this thread. This is essentially one thread with a ton of books from a ton of people. Hopefully people will follow the rules to make this a good experience.

The whole thing is going to be ONE thread, and everyone is supposed to put all of their books in ONE post in that ONE thread? foreheadslap.gif

I would suggest that we obtain the critical mass by all showing up with our wares for sale in the marketplace at that time and make our own posts, otherwise, as pointed out above, that single thread will become unwieldly.

Consider this a beta tryout to see what works and what doesn't...obviously a post based message board won't make this easy.

Please no one post thumbnails or full scans when listing, I'd much appreciate if everyone use links instead to make it hell of a less cluttery. I think perhaps instead of one 1 giant page maybe seperate out the ages? ;\

Directions for thumbnail link using Photobucket:

Click on the "URL" option from the Instant UBB Code menu.

Enter Photobucket URL for the item(it can be copied/pasted). Hit OK.

Next prompt will ask for "Title of Webpage, etc". Enter :

"(URL for item with the "th_" in front of file name)" without the quotations I put at either end. Hit OK.

Then test it out!

Was this method being used before I started it last winter? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The directions above only just creates a link like this

Flash 7

In order to create a thumbnail using photobucket:

Select the image by checking the box then select the button at the bottom that says "Generate HTML and IMG code" (you know - that button you've ignored this whole time).

Copy and paste the code for Thumbnails and you're all set. Here's an example

th_flash7.jpg

[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/ft888/flash7.jpg][img=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/ft888/th_flash7.jpg][/url] 

Select the image by checking the box then select the button at the bottom that says "Generate HTML and IMG code" (you know - that button you've ignored this whole time).

th_flash7.jpg

takeit.gif

Just kidding...looks good, unfortunately, I don't use photobucket. frown.gif

In order for them to show up side by side, don't press return after each html listing.

If they still line up vertical, hit delete after the second line (but without deleting the "[" key from the next listing. Fool around with it - you'll see.

Looks like you can get 7 images on one row without expanding the screen, 8 with minimal expanding. Depends on the scans I think.

For that group shot effect or without making folks scroll down too much.

Not sure if that poster thingy pbucket has works like this too. Curious how bandwidth trouble this many thumbs create - especially 56k modem.

th_wdcs1.jpgth_wdcs2.jpgth_wdcs3.jpgth_wdcs4.jpgth_wdcs5.jpgth_wdcs6.jpgth_wdcs7.jpgth_wdcs10.jpg

th_wdcs14.jpgth_wdcs29.jpgth_wdcs30.jpgth_wdcs36.jpgth_wdcs39.jpgth_wdcs40.jpgth_wdcs48.jpgth_wdcs88.jpg

I love this idea, and I am definitely going to scan a stack of books and try and get some sales going. It's very exciting!

How are the deals going to be handled? Are sellers going to asked to respond via PM. Otherwise, people will be dropping takeit.gifs all over the thread.

This may have been discussed already... why not have Arch make the Virtual ComicCon it's own MAIN FORUM CATEGORY (like Comics General, Bronze Age, The Signature Room, etc.). That way, rather than having ALL the dealers posting one page each accross a long thread, the individual 'booths' would be separate threads. I suppose it would be like a mini 'Comics Market - WTB and Forum Only'. Arch could remove it in a couple of weeks after all the deals have been done.

Anyway, a suggestion - might be way too complicated. All the same guys, great idea and all props to you for making it happen.

Shep

Again, please let us know if you will be planning to "set up" on Saturday. It may become easier for everybody to have their own selling threads, and we will figure things out as it moves forward. Everybody's suggestions are good, and keep them coming. Maybe we will have everyone have their own thread, titled

FS- Virtual Comicon (name of seller)

something like that. We'll set up final guidelines for everybody and will post them when we figure out the best way to do things - again, we're doing this on the fly. thumbsup2.gif

In order for them to show up side by side, don't press return after each html listing.

If they still line up vertical, hit delete after the second line (but without deleting the "[" key from the next listing. Fool around with it - you'll see.

Looks like you can get 7 images on one row without expanding the screen, 8 with minimal expanding. Depends on the scans I think.

For that group shot effect or without making folks scroll down too much.

Not sure if that poster thingy pbucket has works like this too. Curious how bandwidth trouble this many thumbs create - especially 56k modem.

th_wdcs1.jpgth_wdcs2.jpgth_wdcs3.jpgth_wdcs4.jpgth_wdcs5.jpgth_wdcs6.jpgth_wdcs7.jpgth_wdcs10.jpg

th_wdcs14.jpgth_wdcs29.jpgth_wdcs30.jpgth_wdcs36.jpgth_wdcs39.jpgth_wdcs40.jpgth_wdcs48.jpgth_wdcs88.jpg

You know what I like about this? It looks like a dealer wall at a real con!

Shep

th_flash7.jpg

[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/ft888/flash7.jpg][img=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/ft888/th_flash7.jpg][/url] 

th_Batman251front.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif