• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Virtual Comicon Saturday February 10

185 posts in this topic

On behalf of the Virtual Comicon Commitee, we'd like to announce the first CGC Boards Virtual Comicon, which will be held Saturday, February 10, beginning at 7 PM EST, in the marketplace section. We will be setting up a thread in the section, please feel free to post your books in the thread. Arch - can we get this thread pinned?

Please only have one post per person - you can list a bunch of books in your individual post. In order to keep it simple this first time, please don't have a bunch of posts per person. The idea is to have separate "booths" for each seller. It may be unwieldy, but we'll see what happens..

There are a couple of rules for this:

1) All items for sale must have either an image OR grades (in the case of a large lot of books).

2) Any and all sellers are welcome. This includes ALL dealers and ALL other sellers.

3) That being said, any books sold during the Virtual Comicon can ONLY be for sale in the thread - NO websites, NO ebay, nothing.

4) Unfortunately, and I'm not happy we have to say this, but sales prices must be honored or that person is banned from all further online shows.

In the future, we may be able to have a separate forum where each individual seller would have his/her own thread, but we haven't been able to get things worked out this time.

We do apologize for the delay, there's been a lot of back and forth on it, but we thought it would be best to get it started and see what happens on Saturday.If you have any questions, please post them here or PM myself, Shin (sckao) or Jim (jimm94). One or more of us will be available during the event to help.

Might I suggest links to scans or thumbnails so as not to overload the entire world wide web when all the forumites looking for good deals log on? tonofbricks.gif

Might I suggest links to scans or thumbnails so as not to overload the entire world wide web when all the forumites looking for good deals log on? tonofbricks.gif

Check this thread for Guidelines in the near future....

LINKS please! hail.gif

56K users might as well cut their throats for all those scans to load.

crazy.gif

Might I make a few suggestions?

It might help to not clutter the thread and keep it simple.

1) Each dealer should have an orderly post with a simple format. Maybe Title, Year, Grade and Price for every book and then a link or thumbnail? If a boardie does not feel comfortable grading then they can say so (or just guesstimate / describe the flaws OR list the books in the grading forum ahead of time).

2) Keep all interaction via PM. This will keep the thread clean...comments like "*spoon* I should have popped that BIN Christo_pull_hair.gif " will abound even when you tell everybody not to causing all kinds of confusion.

3) Update sales as quick as possible.

4) Someone's got to provide the hot girls in costumes... grin.gif

1) Each dealer should have an orderly post with a simple format. Maybe Title, Year, Grade and Price for every book and then a link or thumbnail? If a boardie does not feel comfortable grading then they can say so (or just guesstimate / describe the flaws OR list the books in the grading forum ahead of time).

Excellent idea. We'll probably do this in the Guidelines post

2) Keep all interaction via PM. This will keep the thread clean...comments like "*spoon* I should have popped that BIN Christo_pull_hair.gif " will abound even when you tell everybody not to causing all kinds of confusion.

Another good idea. PMs only for sales, and we will try to keep the thread clean

3) Update sales as quick as possible.

Sellers should update their sales as they happen

4) Someone's got to provide the hot girls in costumes... grin.gif

Best I could do on short notice.

babe2.jpg

If you are planning on selling in the Virtual Comicon Thread this Saturday, please post your intent to post here so we can get an idea of how many sellers there will be.

(Everyone's welcome... but please note the part in Donut's post about 1 POST per seller in this thread.)

(I'll have a post in that thread.)

You're welcome to test the setup format of your post in the TESTING AREA found here...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=test

How does one create thumbnails on this board without having to create two image files per book?

You can't although some hosting providers will generate thumbnail images automatically. I would recommend simply listing everything in a "LIST" format with a link to the front/back covers to help out on the bandwidth requirements. Forget the thumbnails. KISS rules.

Great to hear. Looking forward to it getting started. How about in the future the idea put forth that each night of the week would focus on a different era. ie., Monday - Golden Age, Tuesday - Silver Age, Wednesday - Bronze Age, Thursday Copper (and Underground Comix Stoned) Age and Friday - Modern Age and Saturday - Slabbed only or something similar?

893applaud-thumb.gif

Great to hear. Looking forward to it getting started. How about in the future the idea put forth that each night of the week would focus on a different era. ie., Monday - Golden Age, Tuesday - Silver Age, Wednesday - Bronze Age, Thursday Copper (and Underground Comix Stoned) Age and Friday - Modern Age and Saturday - Slabbed only or something similar?

893applaud-thumb.gif

We haven't really considered a daily thing since that would probably dilute the concept...

The idea is to keep it simple this time as a starter thing, then evolve with more concepts later. Believe me, all ages, era, and Original Art will be addressed. thumbsup2.gif

Right now, let's just see if we can just get a critical mass of buyers and sellers to show up at the same time to at least prove the concept. thumbsup2.gif

Another suggestion?

1) Maybe a parallel thread started at the same day / time for comments, "look what i gots" and graemlin wars etc. Post a complete set of rules in each thread. This might help keep the sale thread clean.

The whole thing is going to be ONE thread, and everyone is supposed to put all of their books in ONE post in that ONE thread? foreheadslap.gif

I would suggest that we obtain the critical mass by all showing up with our wares for sale in the marketplace at that time and make our own posts, otherwise, as pointed out above, that single thread will become unwieldly.