• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Virtual Comicon Saturday February 10

283 posts in this topic

Please join us Saturday, February 10 at 7 PM EST for the first CGC Boards Virtual Comicon. Guidelines will be forthcoming. Think of this post as the Preview Night.

Further to this: Please use this thread only for questions on Saturday.

Please join us Saturday, February 10 at 7 PM EST for the first CGC Boards Virtual Comicon.

Lasting all night or the rest of the whole weekend? 893applaud-thumb.gif

I made a post in general concerning thumbnails or links to scans where ever possible. Other wise each page may bea download nitemare...893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Please join us Saturday, February 10 at 7 PM EST for the first CGC Boards Virtual Comicon. Guidelines will be forthcoming. Think of this post as the Preview Night.

Preview night = Limited Edition freebies made especially to sell on eBay later ? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Preview night = Limited Edition freebies made especially to sell on eBay later ? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yep, lots of Image books to be given away yay.gif

Yep, lots of Image books to be given away yay.gif

smirk.gif

Quick question.

This appears to be a great thing for High Grade sellers but it may be like being a tree in the forest for anyone without premium stuff to sell. There may be 30-50 "tables" of auctions to look at and I can imagine most people will be seeing a couple sets of books during the night (or spending all their cash and leaving). I wonder if its really going to be worth it to post without the 9.6-9.8 Silver-Age comics.

Any thoughts?

Quick question.

This appears to be a great thing for High Grade sellers but it may be like being a tree in the forest for anyone without premium stuff to sell. There may be 30-50 "tables" of auctions to look at and I can imagine most people will be seeing a couple sets of books during the night (or spending all their cash and leaving). I wonder if its really going to be worth it to post without the 9.6-9.8 Silver-Age comics.

Any thoughts?

There are plenty of people here who don't buy high grade books exclusively....provided the material is "priced right". (i.e., cheap as hell).

Quick question.

Any thoughts?

I plan on bring my $1 "boxes" to the Comicon. I sell more $1 books here then anything else. I sold over 100 the last time I posted a list.

I actually think this is a really good idea, and a great opportunity for buyers and sellers to capitalise.

I was already planning a forum sale for this Saturday night. I will probably move it to another time now. While this is a good idea, it's not something I will likely participate in for 2 reasons.....

1) My mid-grade cheapo 6 dollar bronze books will get lost amidst the hundred dollar high grade stuff. And..

2) One of the main reasons I sell on the forum is the fun of spending an evening, drinking, scanning, posting books one at a time, cranking tunes, drinking (or did I already say that) and enjoying the forum members posts and conversations back and forth as I load my books, getting comments on grading, covers, blah blah. I really love that and I will lose that with this kind of mass dumping. Hate to shoot my wad all in one post.

Not being negative here, I do think it's a great idea. Just not for me. So if u see me selling in another thread, this is why. Or maybe I'll change my mind between now and then and give it a shot.

thumbsup2.gif

I disagree that your books will get lost, especially if we go with the individual selling threads for each buyer. People will be looking for cheap books as well as looking for expensive ones. Put your stuff up, what do you have to lose? thumbsup2.gif

Quick question.

Any thoughts?

There are plenty of people here who don't buy high grade books exclusively....provided the material is "priced right". (i.e., cheap as hell).

This is totally true. I have lots of vg stuff on these boards. Price it well, and there's a market.

I will be treating this event like many dealers at cons do... I'll have my 'wall books' and a long list of dollar books that are in the bins underneath the table.

Shep