• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The King, R.I.P.

27 posts in this topic

Glad I got that right. I was taking a chance with the guess but I knew I had never seen it before, and the subject matter seemed to fit. I need to get off my butt and buy a copy of that mag already...

You definitely should. It is a fantastic read - very mature in tone. thumbsup2.gif

Glad I got that right. I was taking a chance with the guess but I knew I had never seen it before, and the subject matter seemed to fit. I need to get off my butt and buy a copy of that mag already...

You definitely should. It is a fantastic read - very mature in tone. thumbsup2.gif

Don't forget the sister publication, In the Days of the Mob! yay.gif

Flag is at half-staff my friend thumbsup2.gif

Foxhole1.jpg

thumbsup2.gif

One of many books on my want list, and one of a few instances of Kirby art based on another piece, in this case a watercolor by Joseph Hirsch titled High Visibilty Wrap:

hghviswrp.jpg

I think Jack's cover draws upon his own WWII experiences and takes the source into another realm, conveying a story more graphic and horrific than the original painting.

While I'm blathering, I'd also recommend his run on Our Fighting Forces for folks who may not have read it.

Flag is at half-staff my friend thumbsup2.gif

Foxhole1.jpg

thumbsup2.gif

One of many books on my want list, and one of a few instances of Kirby art based on another piece, in this case a watercolor by Joseph Hirsch titled High Visibilty Wrap:

hghviswrp.jpg

I think Jack's cover draws upon his own WWII experiences and takes the source into another realm, conveying a story more graphic and horrific than the original painting.

While I'm blathering, I'd also recommend his run on Our Fighting Forces for folks who may not have read it.

Very cool! Something I did not know, now I need to locate a copy of that painting! And as for Kirby's run on Our Fighting Forces, I completely agree! Check my thread on trooper covers and you will see a bunch of work by Kirby.