• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tec 37 for AS 2 trade

41 posts in this topic

Hello All. This is my first post. I wanted to get some opinions on a swap I did a few months ago. I traded a CGC 5.5 All Select 2 (GREAT cover) for a Tec 37 in 6.0 with moderate(P) resto. I think it was a fair trade. I had owned the AS2 for many years, but this was my first chance at a Pre-Robin Tec. Thanks.

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

You got a tougher book and a cooler book. Financially I'd say the AS probably has the edge (moderate resto pushes the 'Tec down too much in a resale situation), but in straight up trades it's hard to hit the value perfectly. I'd make the same trade you did all day long.

Post a scan!

BTW, the AS2 was graded about 7 years ago when CGC was a little looser on their grading. They gave it a 5.5 at the time, but I am sure if it was re-submitted it would get a 5.0 at best.

Most, by a slim margin, feel early grading (old label) books were graded tougher. This is my opinion based on those CGC GA books I have seen, which of course represent but a minute fraction of books graded to date.

cool. thanks Centaurman...the link worked, but how do you load the scan so that the image appears in the text box?

BTW, I think the chips on the lower right bring the grade down. I don't think CGC would call this a 5.5 today...maybe I'm wrong...