• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What rare books are you looking for?

44 posts in this topic

Pep 17,22,34

I hear you on the #22. Thank goodness I bucked up and have really nice VG+ or better copies of Pep #17 and #34.

#23, 24, 25, 31, 42, 44, 48 are pretty tough to find as well....

I will have a Pep 22 before I die, period. I just have to! insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif

Wow, that's a pretty beat up book for $6K. I know you have to take them in any condition you can find... but that's a lot of money for a dishrag. insane.gif

Probably not as rare as most of the other books mentioned but I just decided I neeed Mystery Men #7. Not a single copy has been graded by CGC 893whatthe.gif and the Grand Comics Data Base has no cover pictured!

(plus it would give me a tidy run of #1-8)
tongue.gif

The only rare comics I'm looking for right now are actually silverage.

Looking for SUMMER TEASURE CHEST issues of volume 1 & 2. Looking to replace with better condition ones. These are extremely hard to find in any grade.

The only rare comics I'm looking for right now are actually silverage.

Looking for SUMMER TEASURE CHEST issues of volume 1 & 2. Looking to replace with better condition ones. These are extremely hard to find in any grade.

Which issues? I think I have a #1 I'd part with.

Hi Bronty:

Just thought I would let you and the Forum know that I Just got a firm offline offer of $6000 for my "Dishrag" copy of the MM ANNUAL variant. I guess I will throw in some Palmalive Dish Detergent in with the deal

Price aside, I think "Dishrag" is a pretty useful description of any FAIR condition comic. I mean, FAIR, is generally the lowest grade a complete book can get. If that doesn't merit "Dishrag", I don't know what does.

EC,

Congrats. U just set a record price for the grade. Even if it were slabbed, it may not have realized more $$$ as most Timely collectors have never seen 1 & will be blown away by the gr8 b/w interior art when they flip through it. 893applaud-thumb.gif

on my list:

Weird Mysteries #5

Chilling Tales #13

voodoo annual

none are insane rare, but have been elusive in reasonable shape

Shiver! You have superb taste! The hardest one for me to find reasonaably priced and in decent grade (that I finally got) is Mister Mystery 13. Now 11 and 12 are going for more because the covers are seen by some as more gruesome, but I find the cover to 13 to be the most impacting of the series. Finally got a CGC'd one in Fine- OWpages on ebay. Spent a bit for it - but still about $70 less than what dealers are selling VG for. My quandary? I prefer unslabbed books. I've had this for some time, now and if I can find a Mister Mystery 13 unslabbed at about the same grade, will then put this on ebay. If nothing happens by the end of the year, then I will remove it from the slab.

Thanks for noting my taste! I have been a fan of drowning covers for a long time. Its HORRIBLE if you actually put yourself in the person's place. I really like worlds of fear #9, perhaps even more than the #10, because that drowning cover is really intense. The mister mystery#13 is great because its all in the eyes. I too prefer unslabbed, and crack open most that i buy that way. And while its a little off topic, it seems no one really ever brings up Thing #7, but that cover affects me more than any other precode. The imagery itself is so WEIRD & unsettling, and her fingernails are actually visibily sinking INTO the poor guys eyes. EEEeeshh......

I had the CGC high copy of Voodoo Annual a couple of years ago (an undergraded 7.5) - beautiful book.

I sold it to Metropolis at San Diego a couple of years ago, but I don't know if they still have it.