• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What rare books are you looking for?

44 posts in this topic

I thought I'd ask what golden age books are you having a hard time finding in ANY grade?

What are those TRUELY rare books that you just can't seem to find for sale at ANY price.

I'll start off the list with a few examples of books I'm looking for.

Exciting 28

Fox Giant (Diary Secrets) 12

Silver Streak NN (I only know of 2 copies above G)

These books are so rare, I've never owned a copy above G

893frustrated.gif

Off the top on my head, I always wanted a VF Jungle comics #1, VF Blue Ribbon 9, Captain Marvel (Fawcett) 3 & 4 and just recently become fond of the Master 21.

Maybe people on this site will go through our looking for lists and help us find the books we want. This is all reasonable (who doesn't want an Action 1) gold requests. I have many many more silver and bronze wants.

Tod

There's a low grade Master 21 that would probably clean up very nicely on Ebay right now. I'm thinking of bidding on it.

As far as what I'm looking for...Teenage Diary Secrets # 7, Honeymoon Romance # 1 & 2.

Silver Streak NN is super tough. I think there is a restored copy that was graded a 1.5. I have owned a copy of this book before but it was not higher then good. A very tough book to find in any grade.

Of all of the books mentioned so far, the Silver Streak NN is the toughest to get.

I sold my G- copy for just 50 dollars. (What an insufficiently_thoughtful_person!)

The Marvel Mystery Annual and the Cap Annual are also very very tough. If I had to guess I'd say there's around 12-15 copies of the MM Annual.

Master 21 is a very cool looking book wish I had that one. (Not easy to get)

The person I sold it to still has it. Maybe its time to pay up. frown.gif

If anyone ever gets the fox book its a cool one.

Also it has a funny huge multi page black and white bra ad in the middle. 27_laughing.gif

I don't know that much about the book aside from the obviously classic cover. However, I was under the impression that the fox giants have varying contents? So perhaps not all copies have that ad?? confused.gif

Oh, that's right I almost forgot. When I sold my copy (missing last two pages) the person who bought it asked if my copy had the ad, because not all copies have it.

I also remember an ad in the CBG years ago of a person looking for this book. I think he had multible copies. 893whatthe.gif

If anyone reading has a copy of this book I'll pay $400 for a Good copy! grin.gif

OK, so there must be another fox book out there with that ad, right? - seeing as the contents were unsold romance books stripped of their covers, correct? Any idea what that book might be? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

While not ultra rare, I've been having a heck of a time with two of my favorite Avon 1-shots: City Of The Living Dead and Phantom Witch Doctor. Used to have both many yuears ago in high grade. Now hardly ever come around.