• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New member here:)

19 posts in this topic

Hello everybody. Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm still somewhat new to OA collecting. I'm a freelance artist, so I don't make much money, which means my collection is growing very slowly hehe. The great thing about this hobby is that you don't have to be rich to have a great time and collect artwork you really love. I've just created my CAF gallery so please take a look. It's small but loved:) I like almost everything. New art and old. See you guys around the board!

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=36810

BTW amazing galleries guys. Nexus, I'd honestly consider killing a man for those Goon pages. drools...

Ares..all those Ion pages and no Ivan Reis? smile.gif Still regret passing up an awesome Ion page he did in Rann Thanagar War Special. Just awesome.

Thanks for the compliment Chris flowerred.gif

What I did at first was buy some smaller pieces and traded towards bigger ones. This worked well for me as most of the time I was able to trade with a bump in prices that I paid....or I did time payments, which some collectors frown on, but enabled me to pick up some pieces that I know would have been sold had I not grabbed them when I could..

It helps to have a very understanding signifigant other.....She puts up with this stuff more than 99% of the population out there would....

Wow, thanks for the great welcome:) Preciate the tips Micheal. I've considered some of the things you've mentioned. Including the time payment idea. I find myself always torn on trading though. It's so hard to part with a piece even when I know I'd be getting something even better. The one time I did trade, I regretted it. Live and learn I guess.

Thanks Jonathon. I see your'e a Harris fan. I loved his older work, but haven't had a chance to read Ex Machina yet..I know..I'm ashamed.

Steve...Wow! what a gallery. Unreal! Too many awesome pieces to pick a favorite. I do love Jerry Bingham though:)

And Rhino Steve..your gallery brings a tear to my eye. That's just showing off! lol As a big silver age nut...all those Kirbys...too much for my senses.