• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anonymous, no more !!!!

82 posts in this topic

So, flea-marquette, I guess this means you'll be able to join us at the CGC forum dinner then, right?

I am going to the Renningers Extravaganza on Friday with the wife, so I probably won't be able to make it to the Dinner. If that changes then I would like to. I will be strolling the floors of Megacon over the weekend. Did you ever get Hayden Panettiere's phone number at FX? poke2.gif

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I am trying to complete runs

of every Marvel and DC silver-age super-hero title in VG or better.

Pretty close to finishing the Marvel titles. Because of these boards,

especially the Golden Age forums, I have become fascinated with the

early days of the industry and am now picking up lower grade

Standard-Nedors and Fiction House when I can.

So if someone really did own Every Marvel and Every DC

and decided to sit down and read everyone word for word

including all the issues that come out every month...

I wonder if they could literally finish before they died.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Anyhoo,... WTTB.

Every Marvel and DC is an insane goal, how many do you have so far? Could we/I get some shots of your storage areas. I love seeing massive collections.

Actual shots of this - with a date labeled camera

(or you holing a current newspaper) will help in your "shill" defense.

popcorn.gif

Every Marvel and DC is an insane goal, how many do you have so far? Could we/I get some shots of your storage areas. I love seeing massive collections.

popcorn.gif

acclaim.gif I wouldn't feel welcome if I wasn't drawn into some kind of mis-interpretation. poke2.gif My post stated that I am trying to complete runs

of every Marvel and DC silver-age super-hero title . To be more specific, comics that came out during the Silver Age that were Super-hero titles.

That is: Avengers, Fantastic Four, Spiderman, Hulk, Thor, etc that had 12 and 15 cent covers. Most of my runs go into the Bronze age however.. No copper and no

modern. On the DC side, besides the super-hero titles, I am working on Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen. I am not trying to complete runs of war, romance, western, humor, horror, etc. even though I enjoy those genres as well. I hope that clarifies it! grin.gif

So on the DC side you're only going back to the early 60s for your runs?

Yes. I am making an exception for Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen since they started in the 50's. This is not a consuming quest ala Ian Levine. This is something I do in my spare time or when an opportunity presents itself. grin.gif

popcorn.gif

acclaim.gif I wouldn't feel welcome if I wasn't drawn into some kind of mis-interpretation. poke2.gif My post stated that I am trying to complete runs

of every Marvel and DC silver-age super-hero title . To be more specific, comics that came out during the Silver Age that were Super-hero titles.

That is: Avengers, Fantastic Four, Spiderman, Hulk, Thor, etc that had 12 and 15 cent covers. Most of my runs go into the Bronze age however.. No copper and no

modern. On the DC side, besides the super-hero titles, I am working on Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen. I am not trying to complete runs of war, romance, western, humor, horror, etc. even though I enjoy those genres as well. I hope that clarifies it! grin.gif

Woops my mistake grin.gif I really would like to see what this kind of a collection would look like. FYI, I wasn't trying to gouge out if you're a shill or not. I'm working on creating some kind of a display for some of my books, starting slow so if you have a nice set-up I'd like to see it. So far, I'm most impressed by 'Scrooge's' display and am leaning towards that kind of a set-up.

Not every Marvel or DC but it is one of my storage units......

Dscn5088a.jpghi.gif

Not every Marvel or DC but it is one of my storage units......

Dscn5088a.jpghi.gif

tease! I think link is broken.