• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is Hot Right Now?

31 posts in this topic

Since the last thread of this became a Valiant thread rather quickly, I'd like to try this again. Why don't we do this in four stages:

What do you see or think is hot in:

1) Golden Age?

2) Silver Age?

3) Bronze/Modern Age?

4) On the racks right now?

Interested to hear your opinions.

Good luck to all. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Since the last thread of this became a Valiant thread rather quickly, I'd like to try this again. Why don't we do this in four stages:

What do you see or think is hot in:

1) Golden Age?

2) Silver Age?

3) Bronze/Modern Age?

4) On the racks right now?

Interested to hear your opinions.

Good luck to all. 893applaud-thumb.gif

What are you asking - what IS hot or what WILL be hot?

Since the last thread of this became a Valiant thread rather quickly, I'd like to try this again.

Yeah, sorry about that.

People really like to talk about Valiant... whether they love them or hate them.

... and by "People", I mean me.

.... and by "hate them", I mean "love them". grin.gif

Golden Age - I dont know at the moment as I have been concentrating on Bronze.

Silver - I dont know at the moment as I have been concentrating on Bronze.

Bronze- Tomb of Dracula # 1 # 10

Amazing Spiderman # 129

Conan #s 23 and 24 although not rare have been slowly heating up.

Amazing Adventures # 11 Beast

Adventure into Fear # 10 Swamp Thing

Swamp Thing # 1

Man Thing # 1 in real high grade

Marvel Feature # 1 and 2. Red Sonja

Astonishing Tales # 25

Defenders # 1 and 10

Marvel TeamUp # 2

Marvel TeamUp # 18

Tomb of Dracula # 1,

Marvel Feature # 1, 2, 3.

Marvel Feature # 11. Man do I love that cover.

Savage Sword of Conan #s 1, 4 (Frazetta), and 5 ( Tree of Woe). As well as last 6 issues.

Savage Tales #s 1 ( Swamp Thing, Conan, Red Nails, Beheading and very very hard to find in high grade as well as maybe 2 offered on ebay each week usually in low grade. This will be a real big issue cause it has so much going for it in so many different ways. Thats why its my logo. See Conan holding up head. ) and # 2.

Modern- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles # 1( Super hard in 9.0 or above and that when you can find one) (even at 8.0 is a really tuff book) , # 2, # 3. Also # 4 as well even though not hard to find in higher grade.

Godzilla # 1 and # 2 Variant. Also last issue # 24.

Rocketeer - Dave Stevens - Slowly heating up

Alien Worlds -Slowly heating up

Pre Unity Valiants continue to hold interest at much higher than 1996 levels. I would hasitate to say HOT but Pre Unity are consistant sellers. Once we get out of July/August I think you will see them heat up again.

Time Warp- Slowly heating up

Last few issues Amazing Spiderman - Example # 412

Aliens 1- 6 Solid continuous seller if price is not too high

Aliens 1- 4 2nd series Solid continuous seller if price is not too high

Predator # 1 Solid continuous seller if price is not too high

Aliens vrs Predator Solid continuous seller if price is not too high

Terminator Burning Earth - Solid seller as long as price is not rediculous due to combination Ross 1st work and movie as well as a cool cover on # 1.

Swamp Thing # 37 John Constantine

Of course Amazing Spiderman # 298, 299, and 300 more so.

Submariners are starting to find interest.

Im sure you can add many more to Bronze and Modern. These are the ones I have been tracking and like.

The best 5 that I like out of the lot are - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles # 1

Amazing Spiderman # 29

Savage Tales # 1

Tomb of Dracula # 10

Defenders # 1

How about this - both IS and WILL BE. I think this is a worthwhile discussion, but no one really seems to want to give their opinions. I find that in and of itself interesting. Are people afraid that if they say, for example only, they feel GA World's Finest is hot or will be hot, others will bid against them on auctions? Perhaps this is why not many people are throwing out their opinions. And not to exclude myself, I'm rather new to this, so I really don't have an opinion. I have my favorites of course, but to be honest none of my interests seem to be taking off right now.

Thanks Nolm. A good list. Most items on your list are receiving decent coverage, if graded high by CGC.

Just my thoughts. 893blahblah.gif

How about this - both IS and WILL BE. I think this is a worthwhile discussion, but no one really seems to want to give their opinions. I find that in and of itself interesting. Are people afraid that if they say, for example only, they feel GA World's Finest is hot or will be hot, others will bid against them on auctions? Perhaps this is why not many people are throwing out their opinions. And not to exclude myself, I'm rather new to this, so I really don't have an opinion. I have my favorites of course, but to be honest none of my interests seem to be taking off right now.

Thanks Nolm. A good list. Most items on your list are receiving decent coverage, if graded high by CGC.

Just my thoughts. 893blahblah.gif

I think the reason you're not getting a response is because most (and I'm using this word loosly) people on this forum buy books that they like and don't really care what's hot or what will be the next bandwagon book.

Since you're new, I'll give you this advice to save you a lot of grief later.

Buy what YOU like. Period.

If, somewhere down the road, you can sell one of your books to make some bonus cash to buy something else that YOU like, that's great.

Most people on here have seen what the speculators have done to the comic industry 10 years ago and doubt that it could take another blow like that.

It still hasn't totally recovered from that fiasco.

So please...buy comics. But learn to enjoy what you buy, and don't just buy something to make a dollar in a few years.

If you want to invest money...the stock market could use some cash flow right now. And everything is low so you know you will make money in the long run.

Sorry, but I had to toss my 2 cents in on the subject. sumo.gif

American. Canadian is down a little this week.

Not to mention that you guys get taxed to breathe up there, right? boo.gif

nope.

we get taxed to die

Well, I'm not too sure about that. Lets take the flip side and discuss....... Oh, wrong forum.

makepoint.gif

On the racks right now.

Even though I don't care that much for the HUSH story line, I perfer the story in DETECTIVE, BATMAN is HOT. Mostly for the LEE art.

I think FF#500 may be a HOT issue. If anything a key issue at that.

And LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN are hot whenever they come out. Too long a wait between issues.

Did the chromium cover FF 500 Director's Cut variant comeout late at your store? Or did it get released with FF 500?

I think it came out late!

whats so special about it?

I think FF#500 may be a HOT issue. If anything a key issue at that.

Did the chromium cover FF 500 Director's Cut variant comeout late at your store? Or did it get released with FF 500?

They came out a week apart. And the Chromium issue was undershipped (at least at my store).

I think it came out late!

whats so special about it?

It's a chrome cover labeled "director's cut edition" - assuming it'll have some more panels than the regular one? It is laid out like a DVD menu with deleted scenes, interviews etc. There was one cool thing I really liked was the cover spread - all 500 covers laid out over 5 pages. BTW they used a 30 cent variant for the cover of FF169 !!! WOOHOO! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I have secured 10 copies from my local store. They are $20 a piece tongue.gif...nah just kidding - cover price ($3?) plus $2 media mail or $3.85 priority flat rate envelope.

One copy for mister_comics and one for CGCfan...down to 8 copies