• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New CGC collection for sale

80 posts in this topic

i understand pricing every 9.4 at 4x guide. why shouldn't they? what i don't understand is why someone bothers to pay the price when with a little patience the book will show up and sell for 2.5x on ebay. are their that many books on that list that don't have a GP in grade in the past year? i doubt it.

I actually don't know the answer to that. There have been a few where I went to look them up and the last sale was 2005, and there weren't any recorded sales for books higher... on that list, I don't know.

My example though would be GPA in grade: Detective Comics 359 CGC 9.4 -- last sale was Mar. 2005. That was on my list so that's why I'm thinking of it.

Detective Comics 225 CGC 5.5 (no recorded sales in grade). Last 6.0 was in 2004, last 5.0 was in 2005

Action Comics 289 CGC 8.5 (no recorded sales in grade) sales listed 2002, 2005.

Action Comics 285 CGC 9.0 (last recorded sale was for a 9.4) no other sales after 2005.

Detective Comics 276 CGC 7.5 (last recorded sale was 2005) 3 sales total on site

Detective Comics 286 CGC 9.0 March 2006 recorded sale in grade.

So of the books I wanted, one had a sale within the past year in grade. In some cases, GPA data was basically non existant.

i understand pricing every 9.4 at 4x guide. why shouldn't they? what i don't understand is why someone bothers to pay the price when with a little patience the book will show up and sell for 2.5x on ebay. are their that many books on that list that don't have a GP in grade in the past year? i doubt it.

The book I bought has no GPA data. No sales have been recorded. Only 2 copies have been graded as of today and this is the higher of the 2.

In talking with Frank, Metro has had only 2 copies of the book. 1 copy back in 1996 and a 2nd copy in 1997. None since. I'm one happy fool to have scored my grail.

Now if it wasn't for the damn snow that delayed fed-ex I would have had it and posted a bunch of pics. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Frank emailed me back & told me the book I wanted was still available... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Are you guys emailing Metro via their website or PMing the forum ID? I guess that may be part of the issue concerning my lack of a reply. That and it's pretty awesome they have been checking in on their own sales thread to answer questions. yeahok.gif

Frank emailed me back & told me the book I wanted was still available... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Are you guys emailing Metro via their website or PMing the forum ID? I guess that may be part of the issue concerning my lack of a reply. That and it's pretty awesome they have been checking in on their own sales thread to answer questions. yeahok.gif

...I did both last Friday,...no reply from either ,...but HEY!,...congrats to all the members who got responses and ordered books,...must be nice to be the chosen ones!,... laugh.gif

I sent an email to the site...

I also tried a PM with no results. confused-smiley-013.gif So today I sent them an email. juggle.gif

I emailed them within an hour of the original list going out...never heard back. I can only assume the books I wanted (mostly the early Wonder Woman issues before # 102) were all sold. confused-smiley-013.gif

I also tried a PM with no results. confused-smiley-013.gif So today I sent them an email. juggle.gif

I emailed them within an hour of the original list going out...never heard back. I can only assume the books I wanted (mostly the early Wonder Woman issues before # 102) were all sold. confused-smiley-013.gif

They're getting to the PMs now I believe. Just got done lining up one of the books I wanted.

Did not get the one book I wanted and I'm really pissd about it actually frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifThe book was gone before I could even respond to his email. I cannot sit at the computer refreshing my inbox/web pages all day like some people seem to be able to do. Almost makes me want to give up collecting. Its a friggin joke sometimes. Sorry, had to vent. frown.gif

Did not get the one book I wanted and I'm really pissd about it actually frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifThe book was gone before I could even respond to his email. I cannot sit at the computer refreshing my inbox/web pages all day like some people seem to be able to do. Almost makes me want to give up collecting. Its a friggin joke sometimes. Sorry, had to vent. frown.gif

Was it the Tec 359?

Was it the Tec 359?

366 Boston