• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #35

7 posts in this topic

Newbie Here,

I have a Adventure Comics #247 I sent in for grading but in the mean time what do you think of this one?

One of a few early silver age I have. Pages are O/W-Light Tan.

What are the best settings for display and level for a JPEG?

I'll post some other one's later.

Gonna work on my avatar right now

1633865-SPJO-35.jpg.3dc29f81463afce0ca5c3ca9e990b784.jpg

I was going to send better but they limit me to 200K, I had to shrink to fit. Lowered the JPEG to 3 to fit.

what pic hosting site you using? This pic is yours hosted on photobucket

1.jpg

Thanks guys, I build design and buid machinery for a living. Something you don't hear about to much anymore. Don't really work on the computer as much as I used to so a little out of date, which doesn't take long. I posted a JPEG off my system from the database I wrote to organize my comics.

Use to collect alot in the mid 80's to 90's. This picture are from comics that my father used to own and I saved from my grandmother throwing out about 10 yrs ago.

Moved about 1-1/2 yrs ago to new house and my brother was storing my collection for me. Finally got them back and was just going through them. Thinking about getting some CGC graded and fill some holes in my collection if I can. I have about 600-700 books with varying titles. Silver Surfer, Wolverine, TMNT, Moon Knight, Batman, Etc.

Thanks for the clue Halasraider, I'll have to check out that site to post some better pics for the others. I figured that about where it would grade, Does look better in person and the inside is very clean except for not having white pages. That's what happens when they aren't stored properly. But still fun to look at after 50yrs.