• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC slabs - White Pages

113 posts in this topic

I look forward to the day when someone crops that picture for you so that you can stop stretching the screen with it. poke2.gifpoke2.gifpoke2.gifstooges.gif

27_laughing.gifI gave up a long time ago!

And then realized that actually Comicdonna was sending us a message that comics are not important by continually showing how insignificant they are when they appear as small colored objects that are overwhelmed by the vast vacuum of black space. hail.gif

And who are you?? Brasseye 27_laughing.gif What a fuggen loser. You start threads about stuff. No one knows anything about you. What is your name?? Since my thousands of dollars in X-Men books are drek than what do you have big shot??? Show me something or shut up. You talk big behind your computer like if you have balls but in reality you are probably a loser.

PS: Most of my books are copper age

You still don't have a clue do you. Sitting there expousing the virtues of all your white paged mods, is an exercise in redundancy. Any half-wit can walk into any LCS and buy any mod/copper age book you have, non-CGC'd for cents in the dollar that you've paid. And all with WHITE pages.

It's a no brainer.

When I first read you post had this distinct mental image of x-men figurines being thrown from the cot. confused-smiley-013.gif

Put up or Shut up, browneye.

Actually why don't you do both: impress the rest of us with your collection AND let everyone else enjoy their own without criticizing (that would impress us even more).

Rick

thumbsup2.gif

Put up or Shut up, browneye.

Actually why don't you do both: impress the rest of us with your collection AND let everyone else enjoy their own without criticizing (that would impress us even more).

Rick

Rick, my collection is just fine. And I don't think the rest of the boards would enjoy the idea of having themselves measured by you in terms of their collection size...we all have different tastes, and goals don't you know.

Plus again, your missing the point of what I was trying to point out to muty. If you cast back he goes for the conceited road with ever increasing rigour, in answer to my point, are your playing the same card?

*** You are ignoring this user ***

confused-smiley-013.gif

Ok, to sum up.

First you attack me for pointing out the blindingly obvious to you,

then you get plain insulting,

now it's back to your calling card of graelims.

I think you've come full cirlce...without learning a single thing thumbsup2.gif

When I purchased my Iron Man #1 CGC 9.8 (1968), it was side by side with another 9.8. There was a $200 price difference between the one with WHITE pages and the one with OFF WHITE TO WHITE. I wish I had found that book on Hughes Vintage Collectables site because I believe his prices in grade are the same regardless of page quality.

When I purchased my Iron Man #1 CGC 9.8 (1968), it was side by side with another 9.8. There was a $200 price difference between the one with WHITE pages and the one with OFF WHITE TO WHITE. I wish I had found that book on Hughes Vintage Collectables site because I believe his prices in grade are the same regardless of page quality.

But doesn't that book retail around the $5k mark? $200 seems a very small % for white pages, no?

I personally would of attached a $500 difference, particualrly for such a key book, at such an ultra high grade. Those minor distinctions definitely become more tangible at that level of things.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Ok, to sum up.

Tell you what I've learned...you're full of it. thumbsup2.gif

It wasn't enough for you to denigrate and sneer at somebody's collecting habits, was it? You had to get personal and compare them to 12 year olds, too.

But then in some cack-handed twist of logic, you were the one being 'attacked'? screwy.gif

Your life must be a bitter disappointment if the biggest thrill you have is 'my funny books are better than your funny books'....

Stop spewing arrogant, elitist, pompous sh!te and be thankful for the 'youngsters' like Danny who are coming into the hobby, because without them, your 'proper' comics would be worth the square root of 893censored-thumb.gif all.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Ok, to sum up.

Tell you what I've learned...you're full of it. thumbsup2.gif

It wasn't enough for you to denigrate and sneer at somebody's collecting habits, was it? You had to get personal and compare them to 12 year olds, too.

But then in some cack-handed twist of logic, you were the one being 'attacked'? screwy.gif

Your life must be a bitter disappointment if the biggest thrill you have is 'my funny books are better than your funny books'....

Stop spewing arrogant, elitist, pompous sh!te and be thankful for the 'youngsters' like Danny who are coming into the hobby, because without them, your 'proper' comics would be worth the square root of 893censored-thumb.gif all.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Nick, read the posts. The guy went board postal from the get go, can't believe your defending him!

when has profanity & insults been ok to use????????? He gets what he asked for essentailly.

Later.

p.s have you spoken with Pires lately, I tried to call you, but as usual your impossible to get hold of.

Nick, read the posts. The guy went board postal from the get go, can't believe your defending him!

when has profanity & insults been ok to use????????? He gets what he asked for essentailly.

Later.

p.s have you spoken with Pires lately, I tried to call you, but as usual your impossible to get hold of.

He wasn't perfect, mate, but if someone told you that you collected utter sh!te, you'd be wound up, too...so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Naw, no contact with John lately...and I'm uncontactable for a reason. poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif

Later.

He wasn't perfect, mate, but if someone told you that you collected utter sh!te, you'd be wound up, too...so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Naw, no contact with John lately...and I'm uncontactable for a reason. poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif

The sh#te bit came later. I was only ragging on the white pages bit...like I said, a no brainer for mod collectors - albeit in a few more words.

Was wondering if you had heard anyhting from him, as he's gone MIA again, and there's quite a list of guys trying to get hold of him. Any word?

The thing that raises the question is that MK only said that his collection was 99.9% white pages which is what he preferred.

Was there a need to point out that it is easier to find white pages in moderns as opposed to golden age? No, as everyone here would know that to be a fact and not needed to point out.

Plus the original intent of this thread was asking as to what premium is placed upon white pages, in which most have stated their preference towards page quality.

MK stated his preference, which you Brass decided to downplay because it does not match up to "other collectors collecting habits".

Is not the whole reason we are all on these boards is because we are here to share the hobby that we all enjoy and love sharing with others? Whether it be the large and smallest collections, whether it be VA through to MA we are here because we all have some form of emotion invested in these funny books.

And yes i do collect moderns, just as i collect all ages and i am just as proud of having modernbook right along side my GA books...and no i will never put down anothers collecting habits just to state an "obvious fact".

I'm into the PQ designation except that it's pretty hit or miss. When I start cracking books open, I've gotten some really strict cr/ow and then some super loose ones.

PQ is important as is eye appeal. I'd rather have a F+ white paged, strong eye appeal book, than miswrapped cr/ow VF-

I'm all with eye appeal when it comes to 2 books of the same grade. I'm not too concerned with the page quality myself. Mind you, I feel it's easy to understand why others would pay more for books with white pages. These white pagers will only get scarcer and scarcer. All nice books posted, btw! thumbsup2.gif

Andy

I would of expected better from you.

I would have expected someone to not bash what someone else collects too, but alas...

My part was to point out the white pages on a mod collection is not surprise of the century.

The bashing came after his liberal use of profanity and insults in response.

Explain to me why this is such poigant issue for you?

99.9 percent of my collection is White Pages which is what I prefer

cloud9.gif

Same here

Mod collectors...it's like saying your 12 years old, and don't know much. No one's really that surprised.

Try something like a silver or gold run in white pages, thats something worth writing about.

You posted this before MK went postal.