• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To CGC Grade or Not to CGC Grade - That is the Question???

28 posts in this topic

Well I have already read virtually every Marvel SA, back when I collected before. Yes, I love the smell & feel of the books, but I am also considering the investment aspect. If I desire to read any of them, I simply read the DVD ROM comics. It's not the same, but it reduces chances of accidentally damaging the book. I currently have only 2 slabbed books by the way, but as I reach my collection goals, I will get more slabbed over time.

Well I have already read virtually every Marvel SA, back when I collected before. Yes, I love the smell & feel of the books, but I am also considering the investment aspect. If I desire to read any of them, I simply read the DVD ROM comics. It's not the same, but it reduces chances of accidentally damaging the book. I currently have only 2 slabbed books by the way, but as I reach my collection goals, I will get more slabbed over time.

Where can I get the DVD ROM of the ASM books?

Where can I get the DVD ROM of the ASM books?

I know the seller jscomics has them on eBay

It's the presentation principle, if it looks good people will buy it. MMMNN SHINY!

Fun aside, your books are not made more valuable by having them encapsulated. I have lost money on a couple comics, but more often have made 30-70x guide (Overstreet) on books graded, the public is just more receptive to a hobby that is measured and validated, authenticated. Compartmentalized and categorized, classified? Quantified-Qualified?

And stop dawdling and price your comics with Overstreet or Comic's Buyer's Guide

and always grade your comics with CGC

It's the presentation principle, if it looks good people will buy it. MMMNN SHINY!

Fun aside, your books are not made more valuable by having them encapsulated. I have lost money on a couple comics, but more often have made 30-70x guide (Overstreet) on books graded, the public is just more receptive to a hobby that is measured and validated, authenticated. Compartmentalized and categorized, classified? Quantified-Qualified?

And stop dawdling and price your comics with Overstreet or Comic's Buyer's Guide

and always grade your comics with CGC

Yeah I haven't got the qualifications to grade with CGC and that is why I am here, to try and learn from the wise. I did go out and purchase the latest overstreet guide, I believe 36th edition? 893applaud-thumb.gif

Oh for sure. I would gladly pay $40 for an ASM #2. In fact anyone with an ASM #2 who would like to be paid please send it to my home address.

CGC for moderns only makes sense if it is going to be 9.4+ otherwise not worth it at all. This is, of course, part of the reason they offer the review service so people can send a box of some new book in the hope of getting a 9.9 or 10. Trying to sell a CGC modern in 'average' 9.0 grade may get you less than cover price and likely a loss of costs. I think at that level people are willing to roll the dice on a raw book in the hope it would be a 9.2 or better.