• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FYI if you're in NYC on 2/23 -- Illustration House Hosts Comic Art Show

9 posts in this topic

Illustration House Hosts Comic Art Show

Illustration House will be hosting an event dedicated to the art of comic book illustration on February 23, 2007 from 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm at their New York City gallery. The event, Astounding Art - The Comic Book Illustrators, will be recognizing the works of comic creators and is free of charge and open to all ages.

Showcasing the works of Michael Golden, Richard Corben, Matt Wagner, Paul Gulacy, John Byrne, Walter Simonson, Jeff Jones, Wally Wood, Frank Brunner, Dave Gibbons, Eric Larson, Carmine Infantino, Craig Hamilton, Ted McKeever, Bob McLeod, Josef Rubinstein, Reed Crandall, Yvel Guichet and many others, this unique event promises to deliver the some the best examples from the world of comic illustration.

For more information, please visit www.illustrationhouse.com.

Thanks for the heads-up, but man, that is some hateful timing...same afternoon/night as the Javits convention opening. If I didn't have con tix already I'd go.

I can't find anything relevant on their site. Is the exhibit just up that one day?

From what I heard, there will be some nice pieces on display at the gallery and some famous artists may stop by from the show to make an appearance. Some nice mid to higher-end pieces and all will be on sale for a fixed price (no bidding).

The gallery display space isn't very big so you can see everything relatively quickly. If you don't have tickets on Saturday - here's something you can see to pass the time! If you do have some time, take a few minutes to get over there and check it out.