• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Betty Learns About Being Black in America...

36 posts in this topic

What year was this issue?

What a find.

Actually, a pretty good moral to that story!(thumbs up

Which one?

"I guess I'm just a woman, and women usually cry!"

Y'know, I doubt that a woman or a black person had anything to do with the production of that story from concept to printing. OK, maybe someone working the press.

Good intentions, but yeesh, the underlying assumptions are ugly. People may cluck their tongues at "PC", but this story doesn't make me yearn for the good old days.

Jack

What a find.

Actually, a pretty good moral to that story!(thumbs up

Which one?

"I guess I'm just a woman, and women usually cry!"

Y'know, I doubt that a woman or a black person had anything to do with the production of that story from concept to printing. OK, maybe someone working the press.

Good intentions, but yeesh, the underlying assumptions are ugly. People may cluck their tongues at "PC", but this story doesn't make me yearn for the good old days.

Jack

The moral I got was for both of them to quit whining and apply themselves in a positive manner - that's a pretty timeless concept. I guess I missed whatever you're talking about. confused-smiley-013.gif

You gotta love it. Veronica acts like a catty *spoon* and drives Betty away in tears and Archie after a completely halfhearted objection just goes back to trying to get in Ronnie's pants. 27_laughing.gif

please tell me you don't blame him. sumo.gif

You gotta love it. Veronica acts like a catty *spoon* and drives Betty away in tears and Archie after a completely halfhearted objection just goes back to trying to get in Ronnie's pants. 27_laughing.gif

Not at all thumbsup2.gif

Not at all thumbsup2.gif

didn't think so flowerred.gif

Not at all thumbsup2.gif

didn't think so flowerred.gif

Although, a real man would be trying to get in both their pants. smile.gif