• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ghost Rider review (Spoilers)...

93 posts in this topic

After many months and months of anticipation and waiting, and watching MS #5 prices spike to record highs, the movie is finally here! And I got back not too long ago from seeing it. To put it simply, the movie was... tonofbricks.gif

It just was not good. It did not flow at all. Movies like Spider-man and X2 had a flow from one event to the other, like a true story does. Ghost Rider had none of this. It was very rigid--more like the story in a superhero videogame. Basically, there was of course one main bad guy and four bad guy henchmen. Ghost Rider would methodically defeat each bad guy one at a time. He rides to the bad guy, kills the bad guy, and then rides away because daybreak is coming. Then repeat that process again three more times. If that's not bad enough by itself, add that to crappy battles. They weren't even really battles. The acting was bad also. The guy who played Blackheart was terrible. There were a couple of good actors though, but they were outnumbered unfortunately.

And the end was just silly. Apparently, Ghost Rider has greater power then the one who gave him his powers in the first place. And then the movie ends in the same place as it began of course. Johnny Blazes' childhood love rekindle their broken relationship under the good ol' tree that they sat under so many years before. And happily ever after I guess. The story was just made me think, "Whaaat?". It was just plain... insane.gif

On the up side, Eva Mendes is still good looking. The girl who played the young version was even better looking. The graphics were nicely done, which was the focal point of the movie I am guessing. They used the song, "Ghost Riders int he Sky" which I was hoping to here sometime during the movie. And that about sums it up.

I give it a D+ crazy.gif

I just posted this in the Nic Cage thread, but it's even more appropriate here. This guy saw the movie last week...

"I saw it last night...and it was awesome. Seriously, wasn't expecting to have such a good time with it after all the internet person_without_enough_empathying. It's a straight on popcorn flick, unabashedly pure fun. Was nice to see something like that after all of the recent academy flicks. Nicolas Cage is back in a big way. He goes totally mental when he changes into the Ghost Rider -- you have to see it! Screaming and laughing while his skin is exploding and burning, it's intense (surprisingly so for a PG13). Sam Elliott is one of my favorite actors and he does an awesome job as well. And Wes BEntley (where has he been?) shows that he remains one of the best actors of his generation. Eva Mendes is hot!!!!! There were so many huge set pieces here -- the biggest one would be a spoiler so I won't give it. But the final fight is awesome, reminded me of Raiders of the Lost Ark with the spirits flying all over the place. Warning to kids thought -- it's scary at times. Pay attention to the rating!"

I'm glad he liked it. Because walking out of the threatre, I didn't hear anything so sunny 27_laughing.gif It did have its good parts though. It wasn't a "terrible" movie, but one that I won't be seeing again. The scene where he goes insane when turning into Ghost Rider was cool.

On a scale of good to bad.

Good being spiderman or sin city

bad being manthing or elektra

How was it?

Out of all of those I only saw Spider-man 27_laughing.gif I didn't have any interest in the others. However on the scale of Marvel movies I have seen that I rank in this order: X2, Spider-man, X-men Spider-man #2, FF, Daredevil, Hulk and Punisher. I'd put Ghost Rider in at about a tie with Hulk.

On a scale of good to bad.

Good being spiderman or sin city

bad being manthing or elektra

How was it?

Out of all of those I only saw Spider-man 27_laughing.gif I didn't have any interest in the others. However on the scale of Marvel movies I have seen that I rank in this order: X2, Spider-man, X-men Spider-man #2, FF, Daredevil, Hulk and Punisher. I'd put Ghost Rider in at about a tie with Hulk.

I liked hulk ok popcorn movie I should like GR.

I just posted this in the Nic Cage thread, but it's even more appropriate here. This guy saw the movie last week...

"I saw it last night...and it was awesome. Seriously, wasn't expecting to have such a good time with it after all the internet person_without_enough_empathying. It's a straight on popcorn flick, unabashedly pure fun. Was nice to see something like that after all of the recent academy flicks. Nicolas Cage is back in a big way. He goes totally mental when he changes into the Ghost Rider -- you have to see it! Screaming and laughing while his skin is exploding and burning, it's intense (surprisingly so for a PG13). Sam Elliott is one of my favorite actors and he does an awesome job as well. And Wes BEntley (where has he been?) shows that he remains one of the best actors of his generation. Eva Mendes is hot!!!!! There were so many huge set pieces here -- the biggest one would be a spoiler so I won't give it. But the final fight is awesome, reminded me of Raiders of the Lost Ark with the spirits flying all over the place. Warning to kids thought -- it's scary at times. Pay attention to the rating!"

our boy lost me with

And Wes BEntley (where has he been?) shows that he remains one of the best actors of his generation.

uh, okay there, fanboy

On the up side, Eva Mendes is still good looking. The girl who played the young version was even better looking.
Raquel Alessi

RaquelAlessi.jpg

...I'd lick her toes if she asked me to thumbsup2.gif (as long as she's legal of course 893naughty-thumb.gif)

Already saw it....What a POS!!! Right up there with the FF movie, if not worse...the dialogue is horrible and so is the acting.I don't know what Peter Fonda was thinking....I wasn't expecting a whole lot either,the Ghost Rider himself looks cool as does Eva Mendas and her boobs hanging out,but other than that....it's far,far,from being on the same level as Batman Begins.

ahem! i liked the FF movie. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I can see if people liked it for it's campiness,but overall, nobody had any personality expect for Johnny Blaze,Jessica Alba can't act to save her life and the dialogue is that of an amatuer....looking forward to the sequel.