• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ghost Rider review (Spoilers)...

93 posts in this topic

The Chicago Tribune didn't review it today (said there was no critics screening so the review will run tomorrow), and the opening day ad for it was SMALL. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Of course I'll go see it regardless foreheadslap.gif

At least I know there's some good "scenery" in it.... wink.gifyay.gif

The Chicago Tribune didn't review it today (said there was no critics screening so the review will run tomorrow), and the opening day ad for it was SMALL. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Of course I'll go see it regardless foreheadslap.gif

At least I know there's some good "scenery" in it.... wink.gifyay.gif

exactly .. who cares about a guy with a flaming skull when this babe is around headbang.gif

So far, there are three reviews posted in this topic.

Two of them use 3 or more Exclamation Points on a single sentence.

I'll ignore those as being fanboys or haters who are overly dramatic. poke2.gif

That leaves the original review... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif... not looking good. sorry.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

So far, there are three reviews posted in this topic.

Two of them use 3 or more Exclamation Points on a single sentence.

I'll ignore those as being fanboys or haters who are overly dramatic. poke2.gif

That leaves the original review... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif... not looking good. sorry.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

Anytime a movie chooses not to have a critics screening, that seems to bode poorly..... I'm hoping the movie will still be popcorny and fun (a la the FF movie, which I liked even though it was kinda campy and overly melodramatic). 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Two forums to post this in! Well the movie was pretty entertaining and I am glad I saw it! Eva Mendes acting stunk up the joint pretty bad (I think she should stay out of the kids section when shopping for her clothes-she looked like the Hulk busting out of her top! thumbsup2.gif ). Nic Cage did a decent job throwing himself into the character and this movie did a nice set up for a sequel. Hokey one shot, one kill bad guys and some bad acting brought this down a bit, however beautiful effects and great laughs when GR gets in his groove make this flick enjoyable. I will set up some perspective on my rating for this movie-

Great:

Batman Begins

Sin City

Good:

X-Men

Spider-Man

Constantine

Mediocre:

Ghost Rider

Superman

Fantastic Four

Suckfest:

Hulk

Punisher

My .02 amigos! Good times!

yay.gifChris

Took my 6 year old girl, and 10 year old son tonight, both are hardcore Marvel superhero fans with none us really knowing the backstory of Ghost Rider going in. As soon as the credits rolled my daughter asked if we could watch it again. My son loved it as well. Totally entertaining, and enjoyable for all of us and worth seeing. Heck I'll probably take them again before it leaves the theatres.

Jim

My kids and wife REALLY enjoyed it..I was working, so probably going to wait for the DVD....always think some people are waiting for the "Godfather" of superhero movies...folks that ain't happening, try to enjoy them for what they are, escapism...

First off, I've never read the first Ghost Rider. That being said, I went to see it right after work today and.....what the heck, I'll say it. I enjoyed it.

So ppppfffffhhhhttttt on those of you who didn't!

893whatthe.gifsumo.gif

same here! I give it a C+ overall -watchable to enjoyable but not great. I liked it a heck of a lot more than the hulk movie! The fact that i knew nothing about ghost rider and had fairly low expectations helped a lot!

....always think some people are waiting for the "Godfather" of superhero movies...folks that ain't happening, try to enjoy them for what they are, escapism...

Actually, "Sin City" might be the "Godfather" of superhero movies.

Lots of violence, mobsters, fights for control of the city, rivals, bad cops, corrupt clergy,

good guys who do bad things, bad guys meet their end in painful ways... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

...all we need is a flashback sequence to the turn of the 1900s, and we'll be set! thumbsup2.gif

....always think some people are waiting for the "Godfather" of superhero movies...folks that ain't happening, try to enjoy them for what they are, escapism...

Actually, "Sin City" might be the "Godfather" of superhero movies.

Lots of violence, mobsters, fights for control of the city, rivals, bad cops, corrupt clergy,

good guys who do bad things, bad guys meet their end in painful ways... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

...all we need is a flashback sequence to the turn of the 1900s, and we'll be set! thumbsup2.gif

No, cuz then it would be the Godfather 2 of superhero movies. insane.gif