• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade given by CGC

50 posts in this topic

Looks like a 9.6 from the scan, but major defects such as water stains or non-color-breaking creases often aren't visible in scans, so it could be as low as 6.0. That's why I rarely participate in these "guess the grade" threads; they're an exercise in futility unless the poster also includes a comprehensive list of defects.

Here more informations:

I can see 4 tiny spine stress on the back cover. Corners are square, cover is glossy, pages are OWW. Here some pictures of the main problems, near the staples:

Top staple:

avp1.jpg

Second:

avp2.jpg

I would guess 9.6, but based on some recent Heritage auctions of SA Actions which were 9.4, this one looks similar to those in condition.

My guess is 9.4 (unless there are pages missing or some ther unmentioned problem).

I was really expecting a 9.2 or 9.4 on that book.

Maybe the microscope was determinant on this one ?!?

DOH !

893frustrated.gif893whatthe.gif

doh.jpg

FYI this book is to sell or trade for a CGC high grade Daredevil's book, so who want to resubmit this beauty ?

Do you know the grader's notes? confused.gif

Jim

No. Here's the ID of the book: 0070874002

Someone can call by phone for me ?

Or do you think i can just ask for the grader's notes by email ?

you can call 1-877-NMCOMIC, or PM gemma for the grader notes, she'll be more than grateful to help. wink.gif book must have lost some gloss for it to recieve a VF+ 8.5. frown.gif maybe there was a little frech resentment/hating going on at CGC. blush.gif27_laughing.gif

Sorry I thought a solid 9.0 for sure sorry.gif man thats harsh especially the cleanliness of the white cover. Whats the census like, are these hard to get in high grade, er, I guess I could just check myself.

Osbourne, I bumped you some stars since I felt your pain.

On the other hand, real pain is getting a TOS #39 back VF- (restored, small glue on spine) or a Avengers #4 VF+ (restored, cleaned and pressed).

How much do you want for the book?