• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-->Tec 29 or Cap 1?<--

28 posts in this topic

this from a guy with a Captain America avatar ?

for me, all things being equal,. grade, unrestored, eye appeal.. etc.

mmm, tough choice,, Cap #1 has a fantastic cover... ah, but so does Tec 29.

I'd take Cap #1, but just barely, and I'm a DC guy. so that's saying something.

this from a guy with a Captain America avatar ?

for me, all things being equal,. grade, unrestored, eye appeal.. etc.

mmm, tough choice,, Cap #1 has a fantastic cover... ah, but so does Tec 29.

I'd take Cap #1, but just barely, and I'm a DC guy. so that's saying something.

thanks dude..i'm an equal when it comes to Cap and the Bat-Man!

hello all...

for me, it is an easy choice as to which holds dearer to me...but, are we comparing apples to apples, or oranges...in other words, are you talking about a 8.0 unrestored tec 29 vs 8.0 unrestored cap 1, or a 5.0 restored Tec 29 versus a 5.0 restored cap 1, etc...that changes the equation dramatically...any unrestored tec 29 is rare...restored copies of 29 are not that rare (heck, I bought 3 last year, and know where several more are available for sale now)...same with cap...unrestored caps 1 are considerably more "common" than unrestored tec 29's...but, if you are talking about which is more desirable, an 8.0 unrestored cap 1 is a nicer book to have than a 4.0 restored tec 29 (apples to oranges)...

so, I need more information to give a firm opinion

rick

I'd also go with the Tec.Cap 1 is a fantastic book,but to me the pre-robin Tec's are at the top of the hobbies most wonderful/collectable books.

In your case, it should be "which would you rather give away." 27_laughing.gif

hello all...

for me, it is an easy choice as to which holds dearer to me...but, are we comparing apples to apples, or oranges...in other words, are you talking about a 8.0 unrestored tec 29 vs 8.0 unrestored cap 1, or a 5.0 restored Tec 29 versus a 5.0 restored cap 1, etc...that changes the equation dramatically...any unrestored tec 29 is rare...restored copies of 29 are not that rare (heck, I bought 3 last year, and know where several more for are available for sale now)...same with cap...unrestored caps 1 are considerably more "common" than unrestored tec 29's...but, if you are talking about which is more desirable, an 8.0 unrestored cap 1 is a nicer book to have than a 4.0 restored tec 29 (apples to oranges)...

rick

Thanks Rick...I was just referring to flat out--which book would be more desirable. thanks!

hello all...

for me, it is an easy choice as to which holds dearer to me...but, are we comparing apples to apples, or oranges...in other words, are you talking about a 8.0 unrestored tec 29 vs 8.0 unrestored cap 1, or a 5.0 restored Tec 29 versus a 5.0 restored cap 1, etc...that changes the equation dramatically...any unrestored tec 29 is rare...restored copies of 29 are not that rare (heck, I bought 3 last year, and know where several more for are available for sale now)...same with cap...unrestored caps 1 are considerably more "common" than unrestored tec 29's...but, if you are talking about which is more desirable, an 8.0 unrestored cap 1 is a nicer book to have than a 4.0 restored tec 29 (apples to oranges)...

rick

Thanks Rick...I was just referring to flat out--which book would be more desirable. thanks!

apples to apples, TEC 29 in a NYC minute, just on rarity factor alone...Cap 1 is a great book that I hope to own day own, but I am a tec guy...historically speaking, Cap 1 is a more significant book, due to content (full book to first Cap, versus 3rd batman appearance, 2nd cover, only a 6 page story)...buy them both poke2.gif

rick

Very interesting thread for me because I just recently had to make a decision between these very two books. A Cap 1 in CGC Universal 5.0 or a Tec 29 in a CGC Universal 3.5. The Cap 1 ended up being more expensive, but not by a ton. I decided upon the Tec 29 for a number of reasons which include rarity, popularity (for me anyway), the mystique appeal of the cover in general, rarity, incredibly tough to locate in unrestored condition (any condition), and did I mention rarity??? Anyhow, I'm thrilled with my choice and it's a book that puts a smile.gif on my face. thumbsup2.gif