• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The All-American way..

69 posts in this topic

It's the Indian Reservation copy (from Gary Carter & Family, off-white to white pages). As far as I know, there's only 1 pedigree copy of this particular book and that is the Cosmic Aeroplane (a 3.0, if I recall correctly).

STEVE

Steve;

I have heard about the Indian reservation copies before in the past, but never anything about the background story.

Any idea if CGC considers these book to be a pedigree or not? In addition, would you know if this is going to be included in Stephen Ritter's and Matt Nelson's upcoming book on Pedigrees due out later this summer?

Steve;

I have heard about the Indian reservation copies before in the past, but never anything about the background story.

Any idea if CGC considers these book to be a pedigree or not? In addition, would you know if this is going to be included in Stephen Ritter's and Matt Nelson's upcoming book on Pedigrees due out later this summer?

Indian Reservation seems to be one of those under-the-radar collections. I don't have any details, and CGC doesn't recognize it to my knowledge (Detroit Trolleys, neither).

I'm looking for a nice Target 7 to replace the Larson copy I gave up many moons ago... poke2.gif

STEVE

aa35.jpg

not a terribly glamorous book, but I love when DC did something special with the coloring on the early 40's books. So many are straight forward primary colors, that books like this really stand out.

I love the colors on that book! Very sharp. Good eye!

Havent seen a dedicated thread for All-american comics yet... maybe because no one cares about them crazy.gif

Anyhow i felt i needed to start a thread on them after my recent CL purchases. I cant wait for them to arrive, i absolutely LOVE the cover on 75 grin.gif

All-american75.jpg

I was able to get them for considerable less than guide percentagewise, understand that the 77 may not be a hot GL cover, but the 62 is fun and the 75 is just a stunning GL cover imo cool.gif

No Doiby Dickles, a big plus! Cool cover.

Reinman don't get no respect, but he was good when he put his mind to it. Do you think that the planetarium hardware is a straight photo tracing?

Jack

Do you think that the planetarium hardware is a straight photo tracing?

Doesn't have to be. He might have traced someone else's illustration. stooges.gif

Awesome, coolJ!!! Tough book in almost any grade! 893applaud-thumb.gif Your #16 would go well with the All American #17 CGC 6.0 I just listed on eBay: poke2.gif

All American #17

GE

I agree, but I'm having a problem entering my bid of 3000.00 poke2.gif

I just changed the listing to a STARTING BID of $99!!! No more excuses...GO FOR IT! thumbsup2.gif

329747173_ac7d1812bd.jpg

GE

great....I just bought Ciorac's 4.5....now I have to buy yours too poke2.gif

If you'd just waited, you could have bought an early Tec instead.

Awesome, coolJ!!! Tough book in almost any grade! 893applaud-thumb.gif Your #16 would go well with the All American #17 CGC 6.0 I just listed on eBay: poke2.gif

All American #17

GE

I agree, but I'm having a problem entering my bid of 3000.00 poke2.gif

I just changed the listing to a STARTING BID of $99!!! No more excuses...GO FOR IT! thumbsup2.gif

329747173_ac7d1812bd.jpg

GE

great....I just bought Ciorac's 4.5....now I have to buy yours too poke2.gif

If you'd just waited, you could have bought an early Tec instead.

good point 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

Here's my nice All-American #16 (as opposed to my very low grade copy, which I'll post later). I do disagree, however, that it's the rarest of the keys. Even limiting the universe to DC keys (ignoring books like Wonder Comics #1, Silver Streak #1, Feature Comics #27, etc), I believe Adventure #40 is a touch rarer and Detective Comics #1 is clearly rarer. However, it's tougher than 'Tec #27 or Action #1 for sure.

allamerican16copy2.jpg

Here's my nice All-American #16 (as opposed to my very low grade copy, which I'll post later). I do disagree, however, that it's the rarest of the keys. Even limiting the universe to DC keys (ignoring books like Wonder Comics #1, Silver Streak #1, Feature Comics #27, etc), I believe Adventure #40 is a touch rarer and Detective Comics #1 is clearly rarer. However, it's tougher than 'Tec #27 or Action #1 for sure.

allamerican16copy2.jpg

hail.gif Big time drool. Stunning copy ! (and you have more than one 893whatthe.gif)

allamerican16copy2.jpg

893whatthe.gif

Extreme envy......... cloud9.gif

allamerican16copy2.jpg

Sweet Jesus! (I wish I could post that clip from the star trek movie I recently noticed on a prior thread)

Is that book unrestored?

allamerican16copy2.jpg

I am flabbergasted!!! I'll take the low grade off your hands... poke2.gif

So Win, how would you rank the DC keys in scarcity? The big superhero ones anyway.

In reverse order..

Adventure 40

All-American 16

Detective 27

More Fun 52

Flash 1

Action 1

Superman 1

Green Lantern 1

Batman 1

All-Star 3

All-Flash 1

Something like that?

I didn't include some of the peripheral ones like All-American 19, More Fun 73, Adventure 48 or 61.

allamerican16copy2.jpg

Sweet Jesus! (I wish I could post that clip from the star trek movie I recently noticed on a prior thread)

Is that book unrestored?

Does anyone know why this book is so rare?

Some of the preceding 15 issues of All-American are the toughest to find of all early comics. Just like some of the preceding 39 issues of Adventure comics are ridiculously tough. It would make sense that All-American #16 and Adventure #40 would be challenging. Once the superheros in the books caught on, circulation got much better.

For instance, here's All-American #13. How often do you see this book?

allamerican13.jpg

Some of the preceding 15 issues of All-American are the toughest to find of all early comics. Just like some of the preceding 39 issues of Adventure comics are ridiculously tough. It would make sense that All-American #16 and Adventure #40 would be challenging. Once the superheros in the books caught on, circulation got much better.

For instance, here's All-American #13. How often do you see this book?

allamerican13.jpg

Never, quite frankly! Very nice.

Win can you and Adamstrange post a beater every once in a while, just to make the rest of us feel like real collectors! grin.gif