• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about signed/autographed sketches

9 posts in this topic

I don't know much about original art, but, a signed sketch with 'to <name>' or similar... worths less money that other, you can't sell it because nobody will want a sketch with other name than their's...

I don't know much, so if someone can spread some light I'll be very grateful.

Thanks!

If it is a new starting artist then a personalized sketch is hard to sell because of the personalization.

but if its a well known established artist (such as Frank Miller) personalized art is a little bit easier to move because it is still a Frank miller piece..

ares. i agree. if i came across a steranko sketch personalized to bill. or somebody. i would still be all over it if the drawing is nice. where as a newbie artist. i may pass. and just get one from the guy my self.

larry ;]

I saw Steranko once at the "Buffalo Comic-Con" back in the late 90's ('97-'98 maybe?), he was only doing personalized signatures no matter what you had. I don't recall how much he was charging, but I do know that at the time it was out of my price range. tongue.gif

I do recall however, that he did have some nifty "Shadow" full-color prints made up from some of his more famous covers for purchase to autograph. Now those were sweet -- made from the original paintings, so they were virgin and had NO logos, wording or otherwise! Man, that would be a NICE framed piece now!

Ah, if only I weren't so pi$$ poor back then... if only. frown.gif

well the date on the drawing is a bonus. if you ask me, it gives the sketch a time frame. lots of artist style change over the years some better some worse..nothing wrong with having a date on the drawing. thumbsup2.gif

larry ;]

If the piece is nice, I really wouldn't care if it has a discreet personalization. Comes down to personal preference obviously, but it really shouldn't hurt the value too much.