• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Info on the Ultimate Spider-man #100 OA Covers at MegaCon?

51 posts in this topic

I didn't know you could do proxy bids. (Not that I would be able to afford it anyways) tongue.gif

I put (what I thought) was a pretty healthy bid on the Aragones cover and it was outbid by another proxy. This should be a great fund raiser for the Hero Initiative - hopefully Marvel or DC will do something like this every year.

I didn't know you could do proxy bids. (Not that I would be able to afford it anyways) tongue.gif

I put (what I thought) was a pretty healthy bid on the Aragones cover and it was outbid by another proxy. This should be a great fund raiser for the Hero Initiative - hopefully Marvel or DC will do something like this every year.

I won that cover. hi.gifyay.gif

It was for a good cause. Most of the pieces went for between $300-$500. A dealer from Great Britain won 7 of the covers. I don't remember how much each went for though.

So the McFarlane one didn't sell for over a grand? I'm shocked, for real.

I'm not a big McFarlane fan, but c'mon, it's HIS character, there's history there.

From the press coverage:

February 3 from 8-10 pm in Los Angeles

A gallery showing of all 100 covers will kick off the worldwide tour at The Secret Headquarters, located at 3817 W. Sunset Boulevard in the Silverlake area of Los Angeles. This special event will be the only showing of all 100 covers, as one masterpiece will be auctioned off on site by one of the local artists in attendance!

February 16-18 at Orlando MegaCon

The remaining 99 covers will be showcased at MegaCon, with 20 covers auctioned off on February 18. Don't miss bidding on one of the following amazing pieces:

1 Chris Bachalo

2 Joe Benitez

3 Mike Deodato

4 Derec Donovan

5 Giordano

6 Staz Johnson

7 Leonard Kirk

8 Ed McGuinness

9 Luke Ross

10 Joe and Tim Vigil

11 Billy Tan

12 Sergio Aragones

13 Jim Hanna

14 Andy Kuhn

15 Tim Seeley

16 Alex Saviuk

17 Mike Wieringo

18 Marie Severin

19 Jim Starlin

20 Mike Vosburg

February 23-25 at New York Comic-Con

79 covers will be showcased at New York Comic-Con with the following 20 covers going up for auction on February 25.

1 Alan Davis

2 Kyle Baker

3 Joe Bennett

4 Ron Frenz

5 Ron Garney

6 Michael Golden

7 Fred Hembeck

8 Scott Kolins

9 Larry Lieber

10 Joseph Michael Linsner

11 John McCrea

12 Al Milgrom

13 James Owen

14 Joe Quesada

15 Frank Quitely

16 John Romita Sr.

17 Arthur Suydam

18 Jim Valentino

19 Alan Weiss

20 Mark Buckingham

The remaining 59 will be auctioned off via eBay.com in the beginning of March. Remaining covers will include such artistic talent as J. Scott Campbell, Jim Cheung, Frank Cho, Greg Land, Michael Lark, Jae Lee, Todd McFarlane, Terry Moore, and Bill Morrison. Even writers and ace doodlers such as Guillermo del Toro and Neil Gaiman have joined in with covers of their own.

February 23-25 at New York Comic-Con

79 covers will be showcased at New York Comic-Con with the following 20 covers going up for auction on February 25.

1 Alan Davis

2 Kyle Baker

3 Joe Bennett

4 Ron Frenz

5 Ron Garney

6 Michael Golden

7 Fred Hembeck

8 Scott Kolins

9 Larry Lieber

10 Joseph Michael Linsner

11 John McCrea

12 Al Milgrom

13 James Owen

14 Joe Quesada

15 Frank Quitely

16 John Romita Sr.

17 Arthur Suydam

18 Jim Valentino

19 Alan Weiss

20 Mark Buckingham

New York Comic-Con looks better every day!

King of rulers won the Aragones. I don't know if he wants to disclose what he paid.

I think the Severin was at around 250. on the sign up sheet. I didn't see if any one bid it higher when it went to the final verbal bidding.

On that note, People could bid on the books all weekend by writing their name down and their bid. When the auction closed at 2:30 on Sunday, the format changed to a live auction. Most of the books were verbally bid higher at the end. Two guys from the UK and one other guy that out bid me on the Starlin book each won several.

oh yeah, the Weiringo went for $500+

Why do you want to know what I paid so badly?

I honestly don't care what you paid. I only asked once - I'm not sure where you're getting this "Why do you want to know what I paid so badly?" thing from. I'm just interested in seeing what the covers went for. This is a completely normal reaction to an auction like this.

Feeling a little self-important today, eh?

Past performance dictates future performance. Maybe I want to put in a proxy bid and see if it's even worth the effort. $300 covers yes, $1000 covers no. Not trying to pimp in on your flip king, just looking for some market data. I will wait a couple of days until hero initiative emails me with them. No harm no foul.

Why do you want to know what I paid so badly?

I honestly don't care what you paid. I only asked once - I'm not sure where you're getting this "Why do you want to know what I paid so badly?" thing from. I'm just interested in seeing what the covers went for. This is a completely normal reaction to an auction like this.

All I can say is that he left with one arm. I am pretty sure he went in with two.

Past performance dictates future performance. Maybe I want to put in a proxy bid and see if it's even worth the effort. $300 covers yes, $1000 covers no. Not trying to pimp in on your flip king, just looking for some market data. I will wait a couple of days until hero initiative emails me with them. No harm no foul.

Considering that almost all went for over $300 at the Megacon - Not really a big spender show - and most were driven up by people in the last minute, I would thinkk that the ones in NY are going to fetch signifigantly higher numbers.

NY will have more attendees, deeper pockets, and IMO an overall better lot. I think $500 will be the low there. I wonder what the Romita will hit.