• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Original Mile High List

33 posts in this topic

Is it missing some of the More Fun listing? Mine was frown.gif

My list starts More Fun at issue 12. Did I send you that list? I think I did?

This was not the the complete list of every single book. I do not know if there ever was a 100% verified list. I heard he sold books right away and never made a complete list. But I was not there. I am sure others know.

I just know the list is pretty cool to have. I have a Larson list, that's neat also.

No, I bought it from Naiman but part of the More Fun listing was missing. These numbers were in the catalog put out by Chuck.

...what do you care?,..last I remember there were no 100 pagers in the Mile High Collection,...what you want is the Mile High II Collection list,... thumbsup2.gif

I'm much more diverse than you even know, fool 893applaud-thumb.gif

893whatthe.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Is it missing some of the More Fun listing? Mine was frown.gif

My list starts More Fun at issue 12. Did I send you that list? I think I did?

This was not the the complete list of every single book. I do not know if there ever was a 100% verified list. I heard he sold books right away and never made a complete list. But I was not there. I am sure others know.

I just know the list is pretty cool to have. I have a Larson list, that's neat also.

No, I bought it from Naiman but part of the More Fun listing was missing. These numbers were in the catalog put out by Chuck.

...what do you care?,..last I remember there were no 100 pagers in the Mile High Collection,...what you want is the Mile High II Collection list,... thumbsup2.gif

I'm much more diverse than you even know, fool 893applaud-thumb.gif

893whatthe.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

I have two copies of the original Mile High Comics Edgar Church For Sale List. It's over 30 pages front and back of the contents of the collection. Incredible, just incredible...

15.00 Shipped in the USA or Canada....

no chance of you scanning it in, and making pdf's available at a cheaper cost over email?

I have two copies of the original Mile High Comics Edgar Church For Sale List. It's over 30 pages front and back of the contents of the collection. Incredible, just incredible...

no chance of you scanning it in, and making pdf's available at a cheaper cost over email?

It's 70 pages. I don't have the time to scan 70 pages, sorry.

It's 70 pages. I don't have the time to scan 70 pages, sorry.

You know, if you are taking these to a copy place like Kinko's one of the options they have is scanning the pages (their copiers can scan and copy). Their scanning and copying speeds are pretty much the same. Then they can give you a disk or can email it to you and you will have it forever, be able to print it from home, or email it out to others, and never have to make the trip to the copy place again.

Just a thought.

Chris

A scanned 70 page PDF would probably still overload most email accounts with mail size quotas even with high compression given that each page is an image (albeit B&W).

When I scanned my Green River pages, I made each page about 160-180k to try and get maximum legibility. Even reducing them by half to 80k, a 70-page document would still be 5.6 megs. (My mail size quota is 10 megs currently so that would be fine. thumbsup2.gif )

Note: Most Kinko's don't have the Document Scanning Service any more. Do a web search for "Document Scanning Service" for vendors in your area.

If you can't find a place that will do the work for you, I will volunteer to scan them in for you. I have a machine at my firm that will make PDF's for me and email it directly to my desk.

I will then burn the file onto CD's or DVD's for you or whomever wants them.

Let me know if that works....I am in Chicago too.

Chris

A scanned 70 page PDF would probably still overload most email accounts with mail size quotas.....

When sending large files I use Dropload a free online file transfer service with a max file of 100MB.

It's harmless; requires a registration of email address & password. You're assigned a folder with your email address, you uploaded the file to a folder belonging to the email address of the receiving party. The receiving party is informed via email saying they have a file to download; they log on, access their folder and download whatever's in it.

You can bypass some of this (second party registration) by uploading to your own folder, open the folder, copy the URL and send that to the party intended to receive the file.

The download is good for one attempt i.e. only one download per upload. The file gets deleted after seven days if not downloaded prior to.

I've used it once on the boards to pass off an mp3 file to mica....it works fine.