• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The greatest superhero from both sides of the street, and why???

11 posts in this topic

Who do you feel is the greatest DC superhero, and the greatest Timely/Marvel superhero of all time? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif -Please explain your answer for each... popcorn.gif

Batman! He had no super powers yet has made an indelible imprint on the landscape of comic book heroes. He was so different from Superman, that he helped pave the way for other heroes to be created. And he is just plain cool!

Submariner - I have always loved Subby, because he was never quite sure if he was a good guy or a bad guy. That internal conflict made him very interesting and entertaining. Everett Subby was about as good as it got for me.

DC Favorite would have to be Alan Scott, the first green lantern.

Timely erm, not too up on those, perhaps Ka-zar, mainly because he was in the first SA Daredevil I read, but I think they might be two different characters.

DC - Batman, because he was the most recognizable superhero when I was a young child that didn't have an "S" on his chest (I have NEVER liked Supes)

Marvel/Timely - Probably Namor. I always liked his aloofness in having any sort of agenda besides protecting his people

DC : Superman because he rocks. Seriously, no one can be as important to the comic history as Superman and overall my fascination with super-heros started with him and will always have a place in my heart.

Timely : Torch \o/ He seemed more fun, kid-like and overall I could relate better then the self riteousness of almost everybody else.

DC : Superman because he rocks. Seriously, no one can be as important to the comic history as Superman and overall my fascination with super-heros started with him and will always have a place in my heart.

Agreed

Timely's would have to be Sub-mariner. His stories had a few more levels to them than the average golden age book.

Ok, I'll Start with DC...But it is two seperate heroes.

1. Batman for the most prolific character in the DC universe. I have to say that I really only enjoy the Darker Batman with out Robin. Early Tec Bats, and of course Neal Adams Batman are the best.

1.A. IMHO the coolest hero is GA hero is Specter!

2. Hands Down Captain America, the reason I still collect today. Patriotic, never say die, fight until death, always above the cut. The kind of guy, who steps up to any occasion and brings if full bore. Not driven by revenge, or anger, but by a moral sense of duty to protect, serve, and right wrongs. Under hero, need look no further than Cap.

DC- Superman followed closely by Batman, Superman has always had the perfect mix of Super-hero/Fantasy and Sci-Fi. a distant planet of a scientifically advanced race of people destroyed, a lone survivor sent to Earth in a rocket, the fantastic powers, the otherworldly villains, the Phantom Zone, Kryptonite, etc. the best origin story ever.

and Batman was almost the exact opposite,. no powers, gadgets/vehicles replacing sci-fi elements. James Bond with a cape. a man out to avenge the death of his parents, also a great origin story. but ever since Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns, he's been written most of the time as a mean spirited A-hole. more of a character than a superhero. O'Neil and Adams interpretation along with the Kane/Finger was probably the best. he's always been my 2nd favorite.

(those are just my opinions) flowerred.gif

Marvel- eh... I'm really not qualified to say,.. but I'd guess Captain America, I love the war time element of the early Caps.