• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective #114

5 posts in this topic

I just bought this today at the local comic/book store. Forgive me, as I only have limited knowledge of comics because I mainly focus on vintage Topps Star Wars cards. However, this weekend, I drifted over into the comic portion of the forums and saw some scans of some really cool batman comics! That got me fired up. In my temporary "madness" I may have over paid for this ($250). It was just mesmorizing though! Let me know what condition you think and ballpark value?

thanks!

Scott

detective-front.jpg

detective-back.jpg

Looks to be about a 4.5 (VG+) what's going on in the red logo area!?!?! Do you know if it's got color touch. Look at the inner covers to see if you see any bleed thru on the cover. Run you finger over that spot. Does the texture feel different then the page?? It is a nice book though.. but black covers are notorious for colour touch and I'd be careful in the GA, especially if comics aren't your thing.

Dad&Son:

Thanks for the pointers. The spot on the red logo area looks like someone dribbled toothpast on it, the texture is uniform with the rest of the page when I run my figer accross it. It does stain through the inside of the cover. The stain is a shade of brown on the inside. There is no bleed through of black sharpie marker on the inside edges (also a trick to watch out for in card collecting).

thanks!

Scott

solid 4.0 (check interior for that bleed through the D& S mention)....$200 is about most I would pay, but if you like the book, then you did ok at $250...remember, it is only worth what you (or someone) is willing to pay...nice pick up!