• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anyone know if Comicsupply.com is still in busness ?

59 posts in this topic

Now if I can only find a way to grade the ohh 4000-5000 books that need to be listed I would be a-ok.

Find a local boardie in your neck of the woods to do it. Don't you live near Erik Garmany (forum member Iron_Maniac), in Michigan? He's off work right now after getting overheated in one of the hot rooms at the Ford plant, and he's a great grader. Maybe he'd be interested? I think he lives less than 30 minutes from you.

I live right next door to MI, if russ needed hire help I am sure I could find some sort of transport to MI insane.gif

Now if I can only find a way to grade the ohh 4000-5000 books that need to be listed I would be a-ok.

Find a local boardie in your neck of the woods to do it. Don't you live near Erik Garmany (forum member Iron_Maniac), in Michigan? He's off work right now after getting overheated in one of the hot rooms at the Ford plant, and he's a great grader. Maybe he'd be interested? I think he lives less than 30 minutes from you.

I live right next door to MI, if russ needed hire help I am sure I could find some sort of transport to MI insane.gif

Silvers will work for ASM's. tongue.gif

27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif

I wish I had photshop. insane.gif

27_laughing.gif

I wish I had photshop. insane.gif

lol, Why poke2.gif

hobo.gifpoke2.gif
Why would anyone work for spiders?

It only worked for Peter Parker, I doubt any other spider will give anyone super srengthand spider-like agilitty poke2.gif

and why would he want to Wock Spiders? Is that anything like cooking them?

hobo.gifpoke2.gif
Why would anyone work for spiders?

It only worked for Peter Parker, I doubt any other spider will give anyone super srengthand spider-like agilitty poke2.gif

and why would he want to Wock Spiders? Is that anything like cooking them?

sorry.gif

The problem I have always had with hiring help is

1. I try to find people who are not into comics and/or know very little of the hobby. (this lessens the chance of them being stolen) Sorry silvers, your out. smile.gif

2. It is difficult to match someone elses grading with the grading that my customers expect.

3. Finding someone who has the same respect for the business and motivation as myself is very difficult.

I have a great 16yr guy who helps me out and while he is a great help he doesn't grade a single book. The only thing I let him do is what I call the 9 check. He will look over moderns to make sure they are all at least 9's. This really doesn't save me much time because I make it a point to go back over them to make sure.

That has its drawbacks as well. Not too long ago I had a box of FF's for them to label the grades on. One of the kids was labeling all the 9.0s 4.0s and the 4.0's 9.0's.

Maybe someone could just buy the name and inventory for say 500k and release me from this pain.

question for you, what box would you recommend for mylars? the cgc comic box appears to be the only one that would fit, but i'd like some ling boxes that will fit mylar 2's

also, do you do deals for bulk purchases of mylars, fullbacks, and archval paper? i'm just a collector, but curious.

I may know allot about comics, dosen't mean i'd steal.

And also, I may be known well via online, and not known in person, still dosen't mean I have done anything to show I would.

Sigh.

Though you didn't say it out right, I am taking it as if you implied it though.

But again, you're located in MI, even if I was lucky

Doubt i'd be able to make it on time each day. 27_laughing.gif

1. I try to find people who are not into comics and/or know very little of the hobby. (this lessens the chance of them being stolen) Sorry silvers, your out. smile.gif

2. It is difficult to match someone elses grading with the grading that my customers expect.

3. Finding someone who has the same respect for the business and motivation as myself is very difficult.

I have a great 16yr guy who helps me out and while he is a great help he doesn't grade a single book. The only thing I let him do is what I call the 9 check. He will look over moderns to make sure they are all at least 9's. This really doesn't save me much time because I make it a point to go back over them to make sure.

That has its drawbacks as well. Not too long ago I had a box of FF's for them to label the grades on. One of the kids was labeling all the 9.0s 4.0s and the 4.0's 9.0's.

Maybe someone could just buy the name and inventory for say 500k and release me from this pain.

Russ,

It sounds like you've already got help, but if you ever were to consider getting more help, Erik Garmany is completely trustworthy, loves comics, is very energetic, and is as good a grader as anyone IMO. (He owned several hundred CGC graded books last I checked, and used to run the grading contests at STL comics, as you know). If I were going to hire anyone in your neck of the woods to do what you need done, he's the guy I'd hire.

Can't help you with the $500K problem. tongue.gif But hey, send Erik an email if you need help with grading those 4000-5000 books. I would bet that he'd be interested in doing it just to have something to do for a while since he's out of work for a while longer (in other words, I don't think he'd be available full time - just individual projects here and there, such as grading a bunch of books). I've met Erik in person and have known him for years on the boards and he's a great guy.

Does that include the property/warehouse?

John hi.gif