• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Way to go, Fables fans...

38 posts in this topic

if you like fables, you should check out jack of fables. i may enjoy it even more than the original series.

I plan on doing that once I am caught up on the Fables TPBs. I understand there is another TPB called 1001 Nights. Is that worth picking up?

if you like fables, you should check out jack of fables. i may enjoy it even more than the original series.

I plan on doing that once I am caught up on the Fables TPBs. I understand there is another TPB called 1001 Nights. Is that worth picking up?

It's pretty good. Be sure to pick up "The Last Castle". It's really good! thumbsup2.gif

It's pretty good. Be sure to pick up "The Last Castle". It's really good! thumbsup2.gif

I agree, pick up The Last Castle first. Great read. thumbsup2.gif

I agree, pick up The Last Castle first. Great read. thumbsup2.gif

Will do - thanks guys! thumbsup2.gif

Do you mean #10? Or #9?

I've just started reading #5 after a long break from the series. Love the thing and I'll probably be buying up through #9 soon.

#8, with issues #48-51 and Wolves, and new maps thumbsup2.gif

Not sure if it is new or not - just got it in my DCBS order cloud9.gif

Did you check out The Last Castle yet?

It's on order frustrated.gif

confused.gif that book came out a long time ago! Who do you have it on order from?

Oh no, my frustration is that I forgot to order it until I was just reminded wink.gif

I can't wait til this Saturday- Bill Willingham will be in Dallas for a convention! He plans on doing a Q & A session that day as well as autographs. His co-writer for Jack of Fables, Matt Sturges will be there as well. Info can be found here:

http://www.scifiexpo.com/dcc/home/home.html thumbsup2.gif

Wow, I'm truely jealous. Ask a question!

Pat

Willingham did a signing at Austin Books I think 2 years ago now. Great guy, very personable and willing to answer any non-spoiler question about Fables and anything else he's done. I didn't even know that con was happening, which is annoying. It's my aunt & uncle's 50th anniversary this weekend, so I can't go anyway. Grr.

So, I picked up Fables for the better half at the recomendation of my fave LCS owner. It's a husband/wife, and the wife said, "I know one your wife can get into, and she won't be so bored when you bring her in here." Well, I'll be darned, it worked! ;-)

Problem is though, now I love it too, and have to get all the regular issues. But hey, those lovely covers are worth every penny. popcorn.gifhail.gif