• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Headline #6 CGC 9.6 Church Copy, Startling #22, Wonder Comics #3, and MORE!

32 posts in this topic

Jeff,

What did you buy? Or, what ARE you buying?

Made several purchases lately. An Action 285 CGC 9.0, 3 high grade Crowley Fawcetts, a Batman 234 CGC 9.0, 80 Page Giant 1 & 2, a high grade Nedor, and there are a few books on Metro's site that I'd like.

Too much good stuff out there lately. frustrated.gif

Jeff,

What did you buy? Or, what ARE you buying?

Made several purchases lately. An Action 285 CGC 9.0, 3 high grade Crowley Fawcetts, a Batman 234 CGC 9.0, 80 Page Giant 1 & 2, a high grade Nedor, and there are a few books on Metro's site that I'd like.

Too much good stuff out there lately. frustrated.gif

I am having the same issue, way too much stuff coming to market. Between the OA and Detectives I have picked up lately I am tapped out and Wondercon is just around the corner ...

Between the OA and Detectives I have picked up lately I am tapped out and Wondercon is just around the corner ...
I won't be spending at WonderCon. I can't. Famous last words, I know, but too many great books have shown up in the last month.

World's Finest #99. Purchased as NM from Harley many years ago. Difficult to grade as it straddles 8.0 & 8.5, but I lean towards 8.5 because the cover colors are really bright and glossy. No GPA data on this issue above 5.0. A tough book in high grade, with 2 copies in 9.0 sharing the top spot. The dark area on the top right corner is far more pronounced in the scan than on the book itself. I don't think CGC would certify this book because of the overhang on the top edge. $225.

worldsfinest99.jpg

news.gifSOLD news.gif

World's Finest #99. Purchased as NM from Harley many years ago. Difficult to grade as it straddles 8.0 & 8.5, but I lean towards 8.5 because the cover colors are really bright and glossy. No GPA data on this issue above 5.0. A tough book in high grade, with 2 copies in 9.0 sharing the top spot. The dark area on the top right corner is far more pronounced in the scan than on the book itself. I don't think CGC would certify this book because of the overhang on the top edge. $225.

worldsfinest99.jpg [/quote

paging foolkiller. boy, that headline comics was tempting and i've never owned a golden age book.