• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New to OA

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have one piece of original art.

scan0004-1.jpg

It is a Mike Wieringo Tellos sketch that I won in a contest in 2001. For the past six years it has been kept in a manila envelope along with a piece of cardboard(just like it was shipped to me). I was thinking I might want to frame this. It is 8.5 x 11. Should I just go out and get any old frame or do I need something else? Should I keep it in a book? What would you do? THANKS

Hey Matchstick,

Cool sketch! thumbsup2.gif

If you like it, by all means put it in a frame and hang it somewhere that you can enjoy it! Since it's a sketch, you may not want to spend the dough to have it professionallly matted and framed with UV glass and the whole shebang -- that could cost you more than the sketch! But you should be able to buy a frame inexpensively and hang it somewhere that it's not going to get direct sunlight shining on it (if the glass or acrylic is not UV coated then the art can fade if exposed to directly strong light).

There are a lot of thread on here about framing options so I'm not going to go in to great detail. Just put it somewhere that you can enjoy it. OA gets sad and lonely if locked away in box in a dark closet like comic books are....