• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Error in Scoop article about Bloom County sunday strip auction

5 posts in this topic

I just emailed Diamond Galleries about this article. Hope they fix it.

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/scoop_article.asp?ai=14635&si=123

Description of Sunday Strip:

"Bloom County Sunday 02-21-88 featuring mainstays Steve Dallas and Opus. There is also a parody of Matt Groening and Mike Judge characters Binky and Butthead in the “Alternative Cartoon Corner”. "

Hmm, Beavis and Butthead didn't air til 1993. Mike Judge supposedly didn't even create them until 1989. I think the parody is from one of Lynda Barry's characters. The image is small so you can't see it very well. But you gotta wonder, who saw that and thought it was Butthead? foreheadslap.gif

I would like to find the Bloom County strip where Billy and the Boingers is on trial. He quotes lyrics from the song "Love Rhino". I'd LOVE to find that strip! 27_laughing.gif

What is the website for the auction? I looked on Scoop and on Yahoo, and can't find a website for "Russ Cochran Auctions". confused-smiley-013.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif I looked too and couldn't find anything. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I guess they'll just be posted on ebay. Would be nice if they'd have an actual web site.... tongue.gif

What is the website for the auction? I looked on Scoop and on Yahoo, and can't find a website for "Russ Cochran Auctions". confused-smiley-013.gif

He doesn't have one. I think that last year was the first year he posted his auctions on ebay -- prior to that they were phone/mail only.