• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So my 2nd piece of OA came in and...

7 posts in this topic

There's a real cool sketch of, I think, Daredevil. plus some stains which I don't like, but they don't transfer over to the front. Overall, I'm real happy with it.

Here's a pic of the back and front:

daredevil10backac6.jpg

daredevil10nq6.jpg

There are sometimes some pretty neat things on the back of pages. I remember seeing a Champions (I think) page that was inked by Byrne with a note at the back to the editor saying "Help, I don't remember what my inking rate is". I nearly bought the page just for that.

I love it when I flip a page over for the first time to see sketches on the back.

I too have a Bronze-Age piece that has a sketch on the back, but don't find similar on my more modern stuff. Is sketching on the back more common for older pieces?

I think it depends on the artist and not a time period. I have a McFarlane page from Infinity Inc. that has a sketch of someone on the back. A very rough sketch but you can make out a person with a star on their chest. It kind of looks like Captain America but not quite.