• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Look out for Ebayer Wilhelm Uthe

7 posts in this topic

Just want to give everyone a general heads up. This guy deals with mostly golden age comics and rips people off on sales and trades. Read about his practices on this thread:

Link

Here are some messages that I've translated from the German Ebay message boards, posted by German users who have dealt with him. This contains some information on his various identities:

Link

09/17/2006

"The only problem is that Mr. U does not have a real known address and that is necssary for a civil action. Mr. U. Stole 12 Euros from me. He responded to my letter very sarcastically and he does not expect to be sued because of such a small amount. I quote: ' Well good luck! Only a *spoon* would do such a song and dance because of this HUGE amount. Do you even have time for that? Whoever occupies themselves with such nonsense probably fights with his neighbors over petty things. You probably have a lot of time on your hands and the public isn't interested in your petty case.'"

"Civil complaints cost a lot of money and can be drawn out. You can get very frustrated with someone constantly changing their name and address and it can make you go insane."

"If many people file a complaint against Uthe, the DA can't say that there isn't any interest. Unfortunately many people are too embarassed or afraid to pursue him. It's a pity that Uthe can still continue doing this after so many years. Do we still want this continue?"

10/05/2006

"The Ebay account 'aurikabe' has been banned again. The amount of negative feedback attached to this account shows what a scammer this person really is. He changed the status of his feedback to private so that Ebay users couldn't see it. Uthe probably has a new account already."

10/09/2006

New info about Uthe:

"The address Dreischenbreite 2 in Hameln is the private address of Wilhelm Uthe. I researched this and believe it to for 100% correct."

11/19/2006

"He's going by ckbi2006 on Ebay now. He's at this address:

ICS Neues Antiquaritaet

Dresichenbreite 2

31787 Hameln

He just won 2 of my auctions, even though he knows he's not allowed to take part. I just emailed him and asked him to retract his bids. I wrote:

Dear Mr. Uthe,

You know you are not allowed to take part in my auctions. I ask you to retract your bids in order for the 2nd highest bidder to purchase them. I have also informed Ebay.

Here is his response:

How dare you incorrectly address me by this name! Your lousy Ebay reputation is worthless!