• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 181

20 posts in this topic

Thinking about buyng one. Is this a good time? What is a good price for a raw VF+,or a CGC for that matter. Can someone please list some recent sales. Thanks. There is one on ebay for $1000 BIN but that seems a bit high to me.

Opinions please.

Thanx, Bill

The one on eBay with a $1000 BIN is mine. I'm selling it for somebody - the reserve is $700. If somebody wants to hit the $1000 BIN, they're more than welcome to! We're figuring OS Guide on it is probably about $875.

I have a Hulk 181 with the Green label VF-7.5 with value stamp cut out 10th page. ow-w pages. The cgc case has the bottom right corner busted "crappy packing". How much would this be worth "appx" Thanks

Hard to say...that corner bashing may or may not effect the grade. Considering the coupon is missing, I'd give it a value of maybe just a bit below VG guide $130.00 if it were raw. As it's CGC'd, it could go for $200.00.

Now, I am not basing this on any sale figures, just my limited understanding on restoration values, which I know this isn't. Probably best to weigh my 2 cents with what other people feel. grin.gif

I saw a raw Nm- in NY last month with same malady. dealer was asking $500 and getting a lot of laffs in return.Close to the end of the show I offered him $200 and he took my number telling me he would get back to me. Never did. My guess is the book would go alot closer to the 200 than the 500. I'd get it reslabbed if it was my book. cost shouldn't exceed $25 includding the shipping. Little turns me off a book quicker than a cracked slab. Too many funny things can occur.

I have a Hulk 181 with the Green label VF-7.5 with value stamp cut out 10th page. ow-w pages. The cgc case has the bottom right corner busted "crappy packing". How much would this be worth "appx" Thanks

Crack the slab. I would be much more likely to bid on a nice looking "raw" copy with the coupon cut out, then I would a Green label with a broken case. As for what it's "worth", now is the time to list in on Ebay as a VF 8.0 and find out. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'll probably just send it back to get a new holder,it's to bad about the stamp because it's actually a really nice 7.5. Thanks for all the info. Tyler

its pretty interesting how one of the Value Stamp Marvels turned out to be a super-key book...and now plenty of them are cursed because the stamps were cut out. If Wolverine had appeared couple months earlier or later, it would have added a fair bit of extra wealth to the GNP of comics collecting! well - - its sorta interesting....in a stupid kinda way..

If Wolverine had appeared couple months earlier or later, it would have added a fair bit of extra wealth to the GNP of comics collecting!

I think the book would be worth less if not for the MVS.

It is always mentioned that Hulk #181 is one of the most common in grade, big character 'keys'. Just imagine how many MORE high grade copies there would have been with no MVS to cut out. shocked.gif

The missing MVS adds that bit of extra challenge/ collectability to the book IMHO.

The Stamp removal is actually good. This way you can get a very presentable key issue for a fraction of the price. It's weird how something that has such a stigma is also desireable. I would love to have a complete catalogue of Value Stamp Marvels. I don't believe anyone should desecrate a comic,but this is the only silver lining.

The Stamp removal is actually good. This way you can get a very presentable key issue for a fraction of the price. It's weird how something that has such a stigma is also desireable. I would love to have a complete catalogue of Value Stamp Marvels. I don't believe anyone should desecrate a comic,but this is the only silver lining.

Well...I have both MVS books complete with all the stamps. Lucky to buy both on eBay for a reasonable price! cool.gif

What's a reasonable price for a MVS.

As far as the auction "market value" -- you can check out my Marvel Value Stamp Auctions page for the latest. (Part of an unofficial MVS Index site. )

Averages as of 8/16/03:

Book with stamps: $120.23

Unused stamp book: $88.66

But there's a lot of highs and lows behind those averages. A book with 66 stamps inside just recently went for $184.73.

And for those who have been burned by missing marvel value stamps, I do have an issues checklist under construction, so you know when you should take a look before buying...

Rob