• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Room 217 Comic Con at the Holiday Inn

4 posts in this topic

I pulled myself out of bed at 6:00 this morning to drive 1.5 hours to the Indianapolis Convention. An hour into the drive I received a call from dealer Leroy Harper who informs me the show is cancelled. Apparently the roof at the Holiday Inn hall was leaking pretty badly and they feared a collapse. So the show was cancelled. Leroy had booked a hotel room the night before and set up show in his hotel room. So I attended my first Hotel Room convention. I actually had a great time but was pressed for time(as usual). It was nice with light background music and no announcements. Leroy had the boxes nicely laid out throughout his room and was very nice to everyone.

The promoter told show attendees that he had set up shop in his room to drive business his way. Nice effort to help the Leroy out. It was a good time and a different type of convention. I actually would prefer this type of convention more as it was very relaxed and created a more personal atmosphere in buying.

Here are some of my pickups. Thanks again Leroy.

Aquaman378.jpg

ActionComics3899.jpg

ActionComics4049.jpg

ActionComics4119.jpg

Binky778.jpg

Superboy1809.jpg

WorldsFinest2109.jpg

AdventureintoFear189.jpg