• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prize Distribution....

65 posts in this topic

juggle.gif I've never cracked a slab before.

Do you use a hammer?

stooges.gif

If you use a hammer I demand a video footage.

This is the only tool I could find.

actioncomicsslab.jpg

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif For the love of God, man. STOP!!!

stooges.gif

I'm not sure I can.

I had a really stressful day at work. insane.gif

Do you use a hammer?

stooges.gif

actioncomicsslab.jpg

I'm a Lumberjack and I'm ok

I work all night and I sleep all day

I wear women's underwear

poke2.gif

Do you use a hammer?

stooges.gif

actioncomicsslab.jpg

I'm a Lumberjack and I'm ok

I work all night and I sleep all day

I wear women's underwear

poke2.gif

Your pushing me here.

I'm gonna do it.

Besides gossip.gif Paul said it was ok to crack it.

Can we scans or grades for Strange Tales 167, Marvel Feature 1? grin.gif

And didn't Divad promise a BA 9.8 t.b.d.?

They are both about VF/VF- if I remember correctly. Nice looking copies.

actioncomicsslab.jpg

comicdonna took an axe

And gave an Action Comic forty whacks.

When we saw what was done,

Dad&Son got forty-one.

27_laughing.gifI guess I got a little carried away last night. blush.gif

I checked this morning, and the Action is safe and sound.

Again, this is how the prizes are going to work...

Ok, here are the donations and the order for prizes...

1st (Grand Prize): $200 gift cert, Joker OA

2nd: 5 choices from the list

3rd: 4 choices

4th: 3 choices

5th: 1 choice (or two choices if we get one more donation)

The picking will rotate, 2nd goes once, then third, then fourth, then fifth, then back to second, ect.

yay.gif

I can't wait. It's been a very good week. gossip.gif

grin.gif

Apparently some people aren't happy with how the thousand dollars worth of FREE prizes are being distributed. Just when I think the board couldn't hit a new low...

On top of that, someone already tried to trade me one of the prizes for stuff I had up in the marketplace. The freaking books haven't even been given out yet and people are already trying to flip them.

Last time I donate anything. foreheadslap.gif

yay.gif

grin.gif

Apparently some people aren't happy with how the thousand dollars worth of FREE prizes are being distributed. Just when I think the board couldn't hit a new low...

On top of that, someone already tried to trade me one of the prizes for stuff I had up in the marketplace. The freaking books haven't even been given out yet and people are already trying to flip them.

I'll call myself out for that trade opportunity Andy!!! I'm not one to hide.. I just assumed everything was done... and just so everyone knows and there's no clock and dagger conspiracy. I asked October if he would trade for the Action Comics #74 if I got it for some bronze age stuff as I know he collects GA. I also collect Action Comics but assumed it would have a better home with October in the end. Believe me, I'm not trying to undermine anyone's generousity. I'm just as happy with a home made certificate saying 2nd place as I would with anyone's prize. I would also like to say I was one of the folks that stepped up and donated long before any positions could've been decided so I believe in the spirit of giving just as much as anyone else. If someone gets my prize and flips it... I'm not going to be upset. There's my 2 cents... throw tomotoes if you like foreheadslap.gif

I don't know what you and Pirate were talking about via PM, but apparently you both have a problem with something, or did.

Let me say this for the final time: the prize distribution stands. Whatever complaints people had about the setup should have been voiced BEFORE the end, not after. screwy.gif

Any further PMs on the subject will be ignored.

I don't know what you and Pirate were talking about via PM, but apparently you both have a problem with something, or did.

Let me say this for the final time: the prize distribution stands. Whatever complaints people had about the setup should have been voiced BEFORE the end, not after. screwy.gif

Andy..It sounds like you're implying that Anthony and I had some big issues about prizes. I had, nor have any issues with the prizes or distribution ... not one.. nor did Pirate when I talked to him. How would you even know if I talked to Pirate. I think all the prizes are fantastic and I'm not about to gripe about anything. Everyone that stepped up to the plate ( including myself ) to donate something deserves kudos. I really hope you aren't trying to make something ugly here and point fingers at myself or Anthony...

yay.gif

grin.gif

I'll call myself out for that trade opportunity Andy!!! I'm not one to hide.. I just assumed everything was done... and just so everyone knows and there's no clock and dagger conspiracy. I asked October if he would trade for the Action Comics #74 if I got it for some bronze age stuff as I know he collects GA. I also collect Action Comics but assumed it would have a better home with October in the end. Believe me, I'm not trying to undermine anyone's generousity. I'm just as happy with a home made certificate saying 2nd place as I would with anyone's prize. I would also like to say I was one of the folks that stepped up and donated long before any positions could've been decided so I believe in the spirit of giving just as much as anyone else. If someone gets my prize and flips it... I'm not going to be upset. There's my 2 cents... throw tomotoes if you like foreheadslap.gif

boo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gifboo.gif

I think the prizes are great here, but it looks like the AC 74 is of course the most wanted item.

And I agree, if I had came in in any of the top five, the AC 74 would of been my first choice. cloud9.gif

Anothony has no problems with the prizes, I know this.

He's obviously happy with the Grand Prize.

A least it seems so to me.

Andy..It sounds like you're implying that Anthony and I had some big issues about prizes. I had, nor have any issues with the prizes or distribution ... not one.. nor did Pirate when I talked to him. How would you even know if I talked to Pirate. I think all the prizes are fantastic and I'm not about to gripe about anything. Everyone that stepped up to the plate ( including myself ) to donate something deserves kudos. I really hope you aren't trying to make something ugly here and point fingers at myself or Anthony...

I suggest you let this drop for your own sake.