• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The reason I stopped posting over at the PCGS board

28 posts in this topic

There is a coin collecting board called PCGS. it is very popular and you can usaily fond at least 50 people signed on a any time usaly more. at first it was very informative and helpful. when I found it I was new to the internet but not to coin collecting. It had oldtimers trying to help new or non collectors, people posting scans of thier last coin purchases, If someone needed a certin coin or infomation on a dealer the members would try and help. At that time I just was learning about slabed coins so they were a big help. It was everything that I wanted in a coin club.

But after a while things changed. It started off by one person making fun of another persons collection and that started a fight between a bunch of members. Then two members had a coin deal that went south and instead of trying to deal with each other it spilled out to the board. Not only in the coin section I can rember it ending up on the open section where all CU(Colector's Univeres PCGS parent company) members got involved in a matter that should of been dealt with between the two of them.

About the same time we got overrun by members that were ether in high school or acted like they belonged there( I am sorry if a few of you guys are in high school but it was the only anoligy I could think of at 4:00 am). They started trolling the boards trying to start fights because it was fun and they had no life. Listing to and trying to calm them down was becomeing more of a problem than it was worth.

To be fair it was also around the time of the Death coin (because this is a comic board I will not go into details about that)

Does any of this sounds familar with your board? I have not had a chance to read alot of the post on the comic section for the last week because I just pick up a coin book by Breen and I've been working on that. tonight I was checking up on your board and I was suprised to say the least! It felt like I was back on the PCGS board again! CHRIS

Although I see a few board members going at it on occasion, I don't believe people here are straight juvenile or anything like that. All it is, is conflicting opinions that get ugly sometimes. I notice most of the board members who really destroy the board usually end up leaving. tongue.gif

The vitriol and constant bickering you see on this board is pure entertainment if you sit back and watch the show. For the most part, the vast majority of the threads here on the comic board are positive & helpful.

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

Murph a death coin is silver eagles that were in a vault in the World Trade Center building that they climed over the bodys and pulled it out of the rubble. The company that owned them had CU/PCGS slab them so as far as I'm conserned they have as much blood on thier hands as the company that had them slabed . Maybe more because they should of known better. But maybe not because it is the all mighty dollar that counts! Right? CHRIS

Oh lordy. You know, I remember the news talking about there being gold in the rubble, and even remember when it was found. But I didn't think about it, not in a 'reality' way. I certainly never thought that anyone would try to capitalize on it. This is really sick. And so very sad. Sad that people slabbed them, labeled them, sold them and bought them.

That second link didn't work. Is it a discussion of these coins?

-- Joanna

Joanna you took the words right out of my mouth. I am totally disgusted with the fact they they would even be slabbed in the first place with the WTC notation on them. Shame on Ebay for even allowing them to be auctioned on their forum. Especially after they did such a fine job with Auction America after the disaster. These should be banned as vigorously as Nazi insignia and other distastful items are.

SHAMe...SHAME..SHAME... mad.gif

• Administrator

Please note that you can always use the icon in the "Post Extras" under each post to notify the moderators about posts that need attention.

I skim around and try to keep up, but I definitely do NOT read every post.

Arch