• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PHotoshoppers Under Constant Training

61 posts in this topic

Fellow Board Members,

After ecently coloring a fellow board members OA piece and then discussing my vision and what he would have done differentley, I thought starting a photoshopping club might be fun (plus those Golden Age collectors have a reading club and we can't just sit by and let them have all of the fun). So here is my plan:

PHotoshoppers Under Continued Training (herein referred to as PH.U.C.T.) is open to anyone that would like to join.

Quarterly each member of the club can submit a piece to be colored(published/unpublished/con sketch). We will then vote on all of the pieces submitted and pick one which we will all color in our own vision. After the allotted 90 days we will post our pics and share techniques with the other board members.

I realize everyone has enough plenty of things to occupy thier time, so giving three months to complete should be sufficient.

Some benefits to being PH.U.C.T. are:

• Honing your photoshopping skills
  • Possibly getting a piece of your OA colored for free (multiple times)
  • SHaring knowledge on another aspect of the hobby with friends

Good idea? Bad Idea? Anyone interested? confused-smiley-013.gif

Just remember, if your not actively PH.U.C.T. than your just Coloring Random Art Pieces

Mike hi.gif

Great.

Glad to see the renewed interest.

Here's how we'll run it:

1) Everyone interested post a smal pic of the piece you'd like to submit.

2) As a group we'll vote on which project we want to tackle

3) Once decided, the person with the chosen image will email LARGE scans (or host on the net for download) to all PH.U.C.T. members

4) the final piece will be chosen by this friday.

Sound good? Good. O.K. post your pic

one caveat, the piece has to be one you own or have drawn. No random pic off of the net. We're not here to Color Random Art Pieces sumo.gif

I am interested in learning about photoshop. I have absolutely no knowledge of the program. I'm in if you allow novices. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Open to ALL interested parties, from novice to professional, from crayons and scanners to microsoft paint to photoshop CS

I am interested in learning about photoshop. I have absolutely no knowledge of the program. I'm in if you allow novices. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Open to ALL interested parties, from novice to professional, from crayons and scanners to microsoft paint to photoshop CS

Sounds like fun! I'm in the same boat as TSF. No photoshop skillz at all.

Here's my submission for the vote:

BPRD's Roger the Homonculus by Guy Davis:

1777099-phuct-sub.jpg

(pic downsized for easy loading. Larger file will be sent to all participants if this is voted for the first project)

Lets get more pic submissions for the vote! ! ! Right now I have a 50/50 shot of winning headbang.gif

1777099-phuct-sub.jpg.f7225fb992b599727ef4b9eb4150ddf1.jpg

O.K. Time for a vote.

Vote for which pic you would like to color for the first project

Voting closes at 2000hrs Pacific 12May07

After the winner is decided the owner of said piece will email a large pic to all participants and soon "Hue"larity will ensue.

Um, would someone that knows how to statrt a poll please do so for the twp pics submitted? sorry.gif

1789147-phuctvote.jpg

1789147-phuctvote.jpg.0794b537f61a84347faaf9d138d013cb.jpg

Sounds like fun - I'm in! For the first time, I have to vote for the Supes page - there are more well defined areas that lend themselves to easier colors for us beginners. The BPRD page is also nice and Id' love to work on it after upping my coloring skills to the point where I can convey subtlety.

-Bob