• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MADISON MONK COPY OF AF #15 CGC 6.0

25 posts in this topic

HEY ALL

i was bidding on the above book in a Heritage auction last yr- i think it was the sept or nov sig acution, anyway the book sold for almost 2.5x fine Overstreet

for close to $8800 from memory

now the book is coming up again in the May sig auction and i cant find its recorded sale in the Heritage Archives

???

HEY ALL

i was bidding on the above book in a Heritage auction last yr- i think it was the sept or nov sig acution, anyway the book sold for almost 2.5x fine Overstreet

for close to $8800 from memory

now the book is coming up again in the May sig auction and i cant find its recorded sale in the Heritage Archives

???

Is this it? Amazing Fantasy #15 (Marvel, 1962) CGC FN 6.0

"Sold for: Not Sold

Ended: Nov 15, 2006

Number of Bidders: 7"

What in the wild wild world of sports is a Madison Monk copy??? How many pedigrees are there now? At some point does this not dilute the prestige of being a pedigree comic?

It's not a pedigree collection. He's just some minor celebrity who owned this book.

Probably because it didn't sell. You have to click on the "include books that did not sell" box in your search. If you bid on it, why don't you just go into your bidding history rather than searching the general archives?

tim

i'll try that next time

im pretty sure it sold..................could be my memory playing tricks on me

oh well, at least i'll ahve another shot @ it this time

Using "Include Items Not Sold" and searching 'Amazing Fantasy #15 Madison Monk' gets "Search Results: 0 lots found" when I tried .

I used Google's 'Cached' feature to pull up an old link.

Whoops. blush.gif I forgot to check the "Search Titles and Description", which does pull it up.

What in the wild wild world of sports is a Madison Monk copy??? How many pedigrees are there now? At some point does this not dilute the prestige of being a pedigree comic?

It's not a pedigree collection. He's just some minor celebrity who owned this book.

Whew! Thanks Scott.

I was watching that book for awhile but bowed out when it went past $7500...when the auction ended, it was clear to me that the book had sold.

Then it popped up in the May preview. Either it didn't really sell, which suggests possible manipulation on Heritage's part, or the new owner immediately consigned it back to Heritage with a higher reserve. (Could be moot if a Heritage employee was the high bidder, I guess.)

Anyway, I won't be in the bidding this time around either.

Dan

I remember this book being up on ebay months ago when it was raw. This seller had other key books as well such as an Incredible Hulk 1, JIM 83, FF 1, Daredevil 1, almost all if not all the major SA keys. I offered him a $6k offer, but didn't take it. I believe he graded the book as a VF, but I told him it seemed more like a FN to me and the price it ended reflected that: $6100 I believe, which didn't meet his reserve. I emailed him again after the auction if he would sell it to me for that price, but he said that he will put it up on Heritage under the Madison Monk Collection. And in fact after about 3-4 months, it was up on Heritage.

Reading about Madison Monk from the October 18, 2006Heritage Comic News it states right up front...

"In the coming weeks you're going to see many a Silver Age comic with the tagline "From the Madison Monk Collection." It's a near-complete original owner collection and - here's the best part - not one lot will have a reserve."

So did the AF15 did sell, or no?? Anyone know if GPA logged a Nov-16-06 sale?