• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red Hook's NYC Con Report: Part One

52 posts in this topic

Day 2:

Broke sunny and cold. I traveled in from Floral Park via the Long Island Expressway, shot through the midtown tunnel and found a better parking lot, closer to the Javitz Center. Still windy way over on the west side. Walked in with my pass. I could tell immediately that the crowds were bigger and testier.

I cruised the aisles again.....checking up on Paul Merolle, seems sales were brisk and hit this one dealer in from Ohio, who had a lot of nice looking books from the "Cleveland" collection. I probably spent more time going through his boxes than any other dealer. But I just didn't find anything. Greggy had cleaned the convention out of all worthwhile material.

Not long after I ran into Mark Zaid who reminded me that there was to be a meeting of present NOD members, so we coordinated and eventually a group of us found a place to sit and chat. Good meeting, nothing earth-shattering. No one burned in effigy. Brent Moeshlin was kind enough to hand deliver a purchase I'd made from Marnin Rosenberg who could not attend. Check out the headtrip on this guy......

strangeadventures156big.jpg

Yep, a White Mountain. Red Hook is stretching out again! yay.gif I mean, if you don't think that isn't a great Murphy Anderson cover, than you must hate the Silver Age!

Anyway, after lunch I just kicked around a bit more, and I purchased a DC Archive Edition of Sgt Rock, Vol. 3. What's not to like about that? So including the Strange Adventures, I came away with a total of three books, one hardcover and the memory of drinking two big MANSIZE mugs of Sierra Nevada! mad.gif

I had to hit the road early and get back home to attend the birthday party of a friend. Live band up here. Great. But Old Man Hook's legs were shot and he couldn't dazzle on the dance floor like he usually does. I sat and drank.....Michelob Ultra Pee....in order to maintain my svelte figure.

The Friggin' End.

Happy NOW? sumo.gif