• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's finally here!

24 posts in this topic

Thanks everybody. I'm reading it now. Great stuff! popcorn.gif

I'm becoming a bit of a Batmaniac lately. Dark Knight archive 2 and Batman in the Forties is on it's way from ComicSupply. Also, looking at getting the Batman comic strip reprints from the 1940s.

And I've got my eye on a few GA Batman comics.

---------------------

Looking for GA Batman comics featuring the Joker.... 23,28,40,44,46,49,53,55,57,59,66.

Thanks everybody. I'm reading it now. Great stuff! popcorn.gif

I'm becoming a bit of a Batmaniac lately. Dark Knight archive 2 and Batman in the Forties is on it's way from ComicSupply. Also, looking at getting the Batman comic strip reprints from the 1940s.

And I've got my eye on a few GA Batman comics.

---------------------

Looking for GA Batman comics featuring the Joker.... 23,28,40,44,46,49,53,55,57,59,66.

We didn't notice! Well, exept for the Joker avitar and located in Gotham and don't forget the want list! poke2.gif

I was wondering what does the back cover look like. You could just describe it, if you don't have a scan.

Also, looking at getting the Batman comic strip reprints from the 1940s.

You mean these? -

1662653-BatmanDailiesVol1.jpg

devil.gif and I have the other 2 volumes!

Anyway, aren't they being reprinted soon in the same format the Superman Dailies and Sundays were and that came out last year?

1662653-BatmanDailiesVol1.jpg.0877aec6bada22b737aed959f3242c24.jpg

Great book, Norinn Radd! That was one I had as a lad, and the TEC 27 story always fascinated me... it was so odd and crude. Can't remember what other early stories are in there, but it was a very influential book for me!

30 years later, I still don't own a damn Batman or Detective Comic!

Now try to put yourself back into the 1970s and you're a kid and that's your first full introduction to Batman in the comics! Wowza! I just love the Batman Indian Chief or Bat-Sub stories. The one from Detective 29 always stood out too.

Marc

Me too! And the Superman volume, and the Shazam volume... cloud9.gif

Also, looking at getting the Batman comic strip reprints from the 1940s.

You mean these? -

Anyway, aren't they being reprinted soon in the same format the Superman Dailies and Sundays were and that came out last year?

And what format is that? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Maybe I'll wait on those. Thanks for sharing yours, Scrooge. smile.gif

awesome, just awesome. i have my copy given to me - along with the Superman edition - by my grandmother back in 75 or 77. of course the dustjacket is looooong gone, so it's nice to see what it actually looks like!