• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what do you think this is worth?

10 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/CGC-Signature-Series...1QQcmdZViewItem

obviously over priced, but i'm always interested in signature series detective comics especially silver age and earlier. i was thinking of making an offer, but not 200+. personally, i though $100 would be more than it's worth, but that's a price i don't mind paying. your comments appreciated

The grade is not that bad IMO, what pushes the price to making this realistic is Moldoff. Not an easy signature to get, and an older noteable creator. Having Nick Cardy, another noteable creator doesnt hurt.

I know the seller, I am sure he would be willing to listen to an offer, but probably just as sure, he wouldn't be upset keeping it either?

Obviously, the longer it sits, the better chance of getting it closer to your price if that is the thought of the seller.

Thecollector would have great insight on this one, as he got the book done for the seller.

I do have insight on this book. The seller likes the book. You could probably offer 200 and get it but he surly won't do 100. He sells alot and is a lawyer so he doesn't need the money now if you have some OA you would like to trade he might listen to that aswell. I can help broker the deal if you like.

ok. see this is why i love this site. while i love comics, i know that they are tons of people more educated than myself. i knew the signatures are hard to get, but for some reason i thought it was too steep. i stand corrected. thank you for the replies.

i've been watching this book for a while. i'd love to buy it. i'm a huge detective comic fan, but of course right now i don't have money like that (time payment? 27_laughing.gif). but if it doesn't sell, i might be interested in about a month to a month and a half.

ok. see this is why i love this site. while i love comics, i know that they are tons of people more educated than myself. i knew the signatures are hard to get, but for some reason i thought it was too steep. i stand corrected. thank you for the replies.

i've been watching this book for a while. i'd love to buy it. i'm a huge detective comic fan, but of course right now i don't have money like that (time payment? 27_laughing.gif). but if it doesn't sell, i might be interested in about a month to a month and a half.

And we like having you on the boards! flowerred.gif

Have you thought of subbing any of your own books or have you before. There are lots of SS Witnessess that would be more than happy to get your books done.

well, i plan on going to wizardLA, but that's only moderns. i'm still working on 70's and earlier tecs, and i'd love to have them submitted and/or signed. time and patience i guess. i've only been back to collecting for about a year. and so much has changed since i was a kid (ok, it was the 80's, but still).

cgc, SS books, witnesses, all new to me. but i'm always interested.

now if i could get craig flessel to sign my tec #6, i'd be in heaven.

yeah. i read the post you made about that (i think it was you). i thought "man, i wish i could get him to have mine signed," but obviously without knowing someone, that's way too much to ask. plus, there's the fact that i'm still waiting on the book from metro (should have it in two weeks).