• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADE THIS X-MEN 140

21 posts in this topic

If I could squeeze a 9.2 out of this book I'd be on... cloud9.gif. It's signed by Byrne. grin.gif

It might pull it with a perfect back cover but right now I'd still say the 8.5 to 9.0. It is hard to tell from scans, sometimes scans makes things look worse then they are. No offense to supa but I do not think this would ever pull a 9.4. Unfortunately, CGC is unduly hard on bronze age so do not get your hopes up for the 9.2 but you never know. It is definitely a plus with the signature, you may make up dollars on the signature alone.

Good luck.

Tom

If I could squeeze a 9.2 out of this book I'd be on... cloud9.gif. It's signed by Byrne. grin.gif

It might pull it with a perfect back cover but right now I'd still say the 8.5 to 9.0. It is hard to tell from scans, sometimes scans makes things look worse then they are. No offense to supa but I do not think this would ever pull a 9.4. Unfortunately, CGC is unduly hard on bronze age so do not get your hopes up for the 9.2 but you never know. It is definitely a plus with the signature, you may make up dollars on the signature alone.

Good luck.

Tom

Thanks Tom grin.gif

smile.gifI am thinking 8.5 at best. Surprised nobody's mentioned the edge wear along the top. I count several "dings".

Uh oh, I said "dings". frown.gif

Good eye. The bottom left corner is the "major" flaw. The "dings" across the top are the "secondary" flaws. And the rounded top right corner could be considered the "minor" flaw.

I'd give a 8.5 as well. And if it's signed, that'll drop it lower unless you can confirm the signature (not questioning the fact but that is what "me" as a buyer would consider).

Jim