• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first appearance on a CCG card...

10 posts in this topic

Ivanko getting his mug in a comic reminded me that I was turned into a zombie and put into a Collectible Card Game (CCG)! 893whatthe.gif

In 2001, AEG had a special tournament for their 7th Sea CCG. I beat 30 others to get the special prize: my appearance in the game smile.gif Jim Pavelic, a very well received fantasy painter for games and books, called me a couple weeks later and asked for my photo and what type of pirate I wanted to be. There were, of course, several different factions - including the dashing Castillians, the rogue Brotherhood, the daring Seadogs... but none of that pansy stuff for me! I wanted to be a zombie pirate aboard the Black Freighter headbang.gif

So here is how it came out (it is a rare card, if you know CCG rarity levels). The AEG guys had some fun with my last name (Rice, fried rice... yeah, I never heard that one before either yeahok.gifgrin.gif):

7thgull.jpg

I met Jim a few months later at Gencon, where I purchased the original art and had him sign a card for me. I then had it all framed nicely and it is hanging in my office (sorry about the stupid flash):

7th.jpg

yay.gif

Thanks! I would get a better shot, but without the flash, it is too dark. I guess I will have to take a shot in better sunlight.

And Jim was very fair on the price - although you are right Elijah, I would have paid a lot more if I had too thumbsup2.gif

Interestingly enough, I was a huge Warlord CCG fan (until they ruined the game!!!!).

They did a player's created set. I was bummed when I didn't get a card in the set. But months later, they released the promo cards for the set and one of them was mine. It even has my name on the side of the card! Pretty sweet.

Pat

Ivanko getting his mug in a comic reminded me that I was turned into a zombie and put into a Collectible Card Game (CCG)! 893whatthe.gif

In 2001, AEG had a special tournament for their 7th Sea CCG. I beat 30 others to get the special prize: my appearance in the game smile.gif Jim Pavelic, a very well received fantasy painter for games and books, called me a couple weeks later and asked for my photo and what type of pirate I wanted to be. There were, of course, several different factions - including the dashing Castillians, the rogue Brotherhood, the daring Seadogs... but none of that pansy stuff for me! I wanted to be a zombie pirate aboard the Black Freighter headbang.gif

So here is how it came out (it is a rare card, if you know CCG rarity levels). The AEG guys had some fun with my last name (Rice, fried rice... yeah, I never heard that one before either yeahok.gifgrin.gif):

7thgull.jpg

I met Jim a few months later at Gencon, where I purchased the original art and had him sign a card for me. I then had it all framed nicely and it is hanging in my office (sorry about the stupid flash):

7th.jpg

yay.gif

hail.gifhail.gif