• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bad EBay Transaction..

10 posts in this topic

A Zero Feedback seller posted an auction for a set of Warlord comics (1 - 133). His shipping charge was $10.00. After I won his auction, he sent an e-mail stating that he had made a mistake and that he only had issues 1-33.

I think his $10 shipping charge was the shipping price for 133 comics, not 33. I think he was unhappy with the final price ($44), and decided to not sell for that price.

What do you guys think?

Here's the e-mail string:

-----Original Message-----

Subject: Comics

In reference To: Item 2185007476

I am Sorry to inform you that the information on the auction was incorrect. I only have issues 1-33 not 1 through 133. If I had 1-133 I would have listed them at a much higher price. Sorry for the confusion, You had already bid on the item and I have been out town so I did not make a correction in time. You will not be charged anything and I am sorry about the inconvenience. Thanks Alan

========================

My Reply:

Subject: RE: Comics

It seems odd that you would only have Issues 1-33 when the Warlord series has exactly 133 issues.

As it is, I won your auction for $44.07 for 133 comics. If you only have 1-33, I feel you should offer me issues 1 - 33 for an equivalent price ( .33 each which comes out to $10.92.) or for a reasonable price.

If you aren't happy with the auction ending price, that doesn't mean you should arbitrarily pull your auction. By putting up your auction, you've entered into a contract.

This is pretty much why people do not trust sellers with zero feedbacks.

====================

His Reply:

As I said before I apologize about the mistake, but I will not be selling the comics for .33 each. So thank you for your time.

That's too obvious to be a mistake if that series only has 133 issues. He obviously just didn't like the ending price and deserves a negative.

But it's up to you to decide if it's worth the chance of a retalitory negative.

One good thing though.....since he's got zero feedback......a negative on his first transaction will be a good warning to others when they see a feedback of -1.

Hmmmm 133 comics for $10.00 shipping is about right for media mail depending if B&B or not. I am also thinking he does not want to sell them to you for that price which is a bargain for a complete run... smirk.gif

Thanks for all the comments. I thought his excuse was pretty flimsy but I wasn't really sure.

I've never given anyone a neg before though. In cases like this, it'd be easier for him to just start a new account since he has zero feedback.

He used his company e-mail account though. That'd be pretty funny if I called them up to ask if he was really out of town on Tuesday...

I've gotta agree with you on the "coincidence" of him having #1-33, posting #1-133, and there being exactly 133 issues in the series. And nothing special happened at #33 to cause one to stop collecting the series. And retaliatory feedback is one of the things that make so many so cautious about posting negatives. However, if you have good, solid feedback, I don't mind, and understand, retaliatory feedback. I actually like to deal with people who don't mind stating the truth about a buyer/seller, and risking a neg in return.

Thanks for all the comments. I thought his excuse was pretty flimsy but I wasn't really sure.

I've never given anyone a neg before though. In cases like this, it'd be easier for him to just start a new account since he has zero feedback.

He used his company e-mail account though. That'd be pretty funny if I called them up to ask if he was really out of town on Tuesday...

His company email? I wonder if his boss knows he's using company resoruces to sell comic books on ebay?

His company email? I wonder if his boss knows he's using company resoruces to sell comic books on ebay?

It turns out he owns or founded the company's office in Colorado... the US office for FijiWater. You'd think the head of an office would have a more honorable approach to contracts and business deals.

FijiWater is supposed to be pretty good (read expensive) water too... (Boycott!) It's just plain wrong when bottled water costs more than gasoline. We should all just drink gasoline.... it'd be cheaper. smirk.gif

I filed a NPS on him with eBay.