• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Boston Comic Con

88 posts in this topic

yay.gif

I thought you god married poke2.gif

Sounds good Brad. Free on Sunday night, will do Seafood and Mrs Nik will tag along as long as I can get a babysitter

Looks good to me! thumbsup2.gif It's apparently just down the block from the convention.

Dont know about Fire&Ice, too many chefs handling my food if you know what I'm saying crazy.gif

Looks good to me! thumbsup2.gif It's apparently just down the block from the convention.

Dont know about Fire&Ice, too many chefs handling my food if you know what I'm saying crazy.gif

Count me in.

Here's 2 more considerations for dinner location--one, if we stay downtown or Back Bay, we'll have to deal with parking and post-parade crowds. Two, more people might come if we go out to the 'burbs (if everyone has wheels)--I know CKB said that he didn't feel comfortable leaving his stock in his mini-van downtown.

Count me in.

Here's 2 more considerations for dinner location--one, if we stay downtown or Back Bay, we'll have to deal with parking and post-parade crowds. Two, more people might come if we go out to the 'burbs (if everyone has wheels)--I know CKB said that he didn't feel comfortable leaving his stock in his mini-van downtown.

I'm weird that way... grin.gif Jaded and paranoid.

But don't let that stop you from going to Jacob W. or Legal or another downtown spot. I don't need to go. sorry.gifgrin.gif

There is a Legals in Framingham which is 20 minutes away from Boston. You can even park your van in my driveway which 15 minutes from Legals. Dont have to worry about your stuff being snatched, heck I doubt if people can even find my house tongue.gif

Count me in.

Regarding parking, according to Bedrock's first post we get validated parking across the street at 100 Clarendon. yay.gif I'm planning to take advantage of that, and I have a life-long bias against ever paying for parking in town.

Will that allay CKB's concerns? I don't know, but it will probably solve the parking issue unless we need to be out of the garage by a certain time.

The parade starts at 1:00 and is in Southie. Although every bar and restaurant will be busier than usual I don't think there's going to be an enslaught of floats flowing into the Back Bay when the show is over and we're ready to go out.

It seems since we're all going to be in the same locale, it would be easier to find a spot nearby rather than truck back out of town.

Finally, I could be wrong and I'm not 100% sure I'll be free after the show, either. insane.gif

i will do anything...but i'd prefer to get out of boston and into the burbs...

and nik, i am getting married in October 2008...1st time...i still have a year and a half to have fun times!!!

Welcome - we have updated our web site with creators and vendors who will be attending - as you will see many new vendors who normally do not appear in boston are setting up - go to www.bostoncomiccon.com for listing - also as far as parking goes - parking on the street is free ( legal spaces only ) - if you park in the lot on Clarendon street ( across from hard rock cafe ) we will validate your parking stub ( bring it with you ) - IT WILL COST YOU WITH VALIDATION

$6.00 -

So I tell my wife some board members are going out for food and drinks after the show.

"That sounds great," she said, "you should go!" Pausing for a beat, she adds "Are you all going to dress up as your favorite characters?"

boo.gif

So I tell my wife some board members are going out for food and drinks after the show.

"That sounds great," she said, "you should go!" Pausing for a beat, she adds "Are you all going to dress up as your favorite characters?"

boo.gif

Unfortunately we all look like Peter Parker already. grin.gif Except maybe nik. grin.gifgrin.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

boo.gif

Unfortunately we all look like Peter Parker already. grin.gif Except maybe nik. grin.gifgrin.gif

Yeah. Put a moustache on him and he'd make a good J. Jonah Jameson. blush.gif

I look more like Peter Porker then Peter Parker tongue.gif

Was wondering if anyone has come up with a definate place for eats after the show?

I can also suggest Erichs restaurant which is in Framingham and he is a forumite on the boards also.

My first choice was Fire and Ice only because it seems convenient. But I defer to you local guys. If it's within 20 minutes in the burbs lets do it. Show ends at 4pm I think. Let's meet by 5pm.

Nik and Paul....you guys decide and we'll follow! Anyplace with decent food, away from crowds where we can talk will do! thumbsup2.gif

Brad